980 ti nvidea HD sound glitching

Laskoir

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Hello there!

I've been having a problem with my rig. Suddenly out of nowhere the sound is glitching / buzzing intermittently. It does in games or in just video I.e. YouTube.

I did the usual checks. Gave it a check for dust inside as it's a year old. It's clean in there. Checked what sound I was actually using and it's nvidea HD sound via the 980 ti via hmdi. So I disabled onboard sound. And rolled back to December nvidea drivers. Clean install. Still doing it. Then I individually
restored to last nvidea HD sound drivers. Still doing it. I disable and enabled. Still doing it. I have changed hmdi cables and ports. Still doing it. I've uninstalled geforce experience still doing it. I've shut down all programmes such as steam. And just played a YouTube video. I've reinstalled steam and re downloaded all my games. Still doing it. It does it in anything that plays sound whether it's a game, video, audio or even a system sound. Im at the point where it can only be hardware failure

Pasted is a 5 second video. You can hear the glitch / buzz on 3 seconds. On games it also slows the game down into a slight hitch at the same point the sound buzzes. It dies it every few seconds.

https://youtu.be/iDNRE1Dfr4A

I have reinstalled and rebooted so many things so many times.

Rig is 6700k 16gb m.2 ssd 980 ti. So it is not a resource issue.

Thanks,

Paul.

Solution
that almost sounds like a hdd cache glitching.

try playing a video or a song from the hdd so to rule out online upload/download issues.

ARICH5

Distinguished
im not a harddrive expert, so id wait fro others to chime in but,

id had this same issue years ago with a clients computer, that same sound in everything he did. found out it was the harddrive. it was a old 300gb hdd with a 1MB cache. in other words the hdd was too old to keep up with new youtube and new production software he was trying to cram on a old HDD.

now since you have a new m.2 ssd i doubt a old HDD is your issue.

mobo drivers for the m.2 maybe?

Laskoir

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Update

Good shoot on the broadband connection

So....

If playing offline no issue
If playing wired to mobile broadband dongle no issue
If playing wireless to mobile broadband dongle ISSUE!!!!!

So the problem is the PC talking to the mobile broadband dongle wirelessly

Maybe ping too high?
Maybe issue with PC wireless card?