Will the 1080 ti be able to run 4k games at 60 fps?

Solution
Judging by past XX80Ti performance it will likely be close to the Titan using the same architecture, possible even exceed it with factory overclocked models. Just note this is speculation. However even the Pascal Titan can't max all games at 4k and maintain a 60 FPS average.

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
the gtx 1080ti will very likely be in the same ballpark as the gtx titan xp give or take a few FPS. that's how it was for the 780ti/original titan and the 980ti/maxwell titan. so you can use the benchmarks from titan xp reviews for reference.

i'd put money on this ^

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015

not exactly. not at max detail settings

bignastyid

Titan
Judging by past XX80Ti performance it will likely be close to the Titan using the same architecture, possible even exceed it with factory overclocked models. Just note this is speculation. However even the Pascal Titan can't max all games at 4k and maintain a 60 FPS average.

Solution

Then I'll move on to my next question... Why do people need max settings? I personally prefer high. Max usually adds on a bunch of useless AA and post processing effects that don't really look any better but they sure do make the GPU tank.

bignastyid

Titan

Bragging rights.

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015

this is a valid argument and im inclined to agree, but it's completely off topic i'm afraid