Is RX 460 4GB will be compatible with my PC??

SoumyaSR69

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
My PC's current config...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 78LMT-S2PT (ver 3.1)
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 RAM
PSU: Corsair VS550

Solution
You have a dual core, so what you should go for depends on the games you play. For one thing, I think a 2gb 460 would be a better pick, unless you can get the 4gb version for very close to the same price(like within $10). This is because games and/or settings that would need a 4gb card would also likely need a faster card than the 460 and also a quad core or dual core CPU with hyperthreading. For this reason I don't think a 1050 Ti is a great idea.

There is an exception though. Some games only need a dual core CPU, however those games can use all the videocard power you can spare. If you play those types of games a lot then a 1050 Ti might be worth the extra cost.

SoumyaSR69

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

Thanks... I have one more question... What should I go for?? RX 460 4 GB or GTX 1050 Ti 2/4 GB.. Is 1050 Ti will be compatible with my config??

You have a dual core, so what you should go for depends on the games you play. For one thing, I think a 2gb 460 would be a better pick, unless you can get the 4gb version for very close to the same price(like within $10). This is because games and/or settings that would need a 4gb card would also likely need a faster card than the 460 and also a quad core or dual core CPU with hyperthreading. For this reason I don't think a 1050 Ti is a great idea.

There is an exception though. Some games only need a dual core CPU, however those games can use all the videocard power you can spare. If you play those types of games a lot then a 1050 Ti might be worth the extra cost.

Solution

SoumyaSR69

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

Thanks @dontlistentome I'm listening... :pt1cable:
Anyway... I will upgrade my cpu in near future (in 2 or 3 months..may be) and willing to go for a 6 core AMD. My main focus is for video editing. I use Premiere pro and Black Magic's Vinci softwares... and I also like to play games like far cry series, GTA 5, Battlefield 1, Hitman 2016 and some racing... will upgrade my RAM and mainboard too...
As per your answer.. it is better to have a 1050ti over a 460 4 gb... right??
My current cpu is HT... Is my PSU is enough for all my current and future config???