RX 460 causing crashes PC

MrDenial

Honorable
Feb 11, 2017
I installed a RX 460 in my Vibox PC and for some reason while playing games the screen just goes black for like 10 seconds and then the whole PC reboots.

Problems:
- Temperatures of all components are fine, even at the time of the crash. (I'm using Speccy)

- RX 460 has the latest drivers and in fact has a clean install of the drivers so the old ones are flushed out.

- Power supply was swapped from 350W to 500W and the problem still doesn't go away.

I tested the GPU on The Valley benchmark and the crash occurred, so I know this is not just some issue with Steam etc...

Can anyone understand why this might be happening? Some people have suggested I have a faulty GPU (it was purchased from eBay but it's new).

Solution
I got a gygabite RX 460 windforce OC 4Gb whit the same problem,.. my solution? Install the minimal drivers from AMD page, and the GYGABITE EXTREME GAMING ENGINE program, then I lowered the GPU speed to 1030 mhz, the normal speed is 1212 mhz. I think this GPU don´t support work more than 1030 mhz, I can play dying light and gears of war 4 whitout crash. sorry for my bad english.

MrDenial

Honorable
Feb 11, 2017

Old one was a no-name 350W power supply, it had a sticker saying Vibox Ltd so don't know if its their custom PSU.

New one is EVGA 500W.

E Ivan

Prominent
May 2, 2017
I got a gygabite RX 460 windforce OC 4Gb whit the same problem,.. my solution? Install the minimal drivers from AMD page, and the GYGABITE EXTREME GAMING ENGINE program, then I lowered the GPU speed to 1030 mhz, the normal speed is 1212 mhz. I think this GPU don´t support work more than 1030 mhz, I can play dying light and gears of war 4 whitout crash. sorry for my bad english.

Solution

MrDenial

Honorable
Feb 11, 2017

I have the exact same card! I fixed it already but I did something very similar, by using MSI afterburner to reduce the speed to around 1100 instead of 1212Mhz. I also now have a custom fan speed curve that makes the GPU fans run a bit faster to make sure everything is cool.