150 mbps card

Gizego

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hello. I want to buy an Wi-Fi card. My internet is 100mbps but i can only get 50 mbps in my room. Should i get an 300mbps card? Will it increase performance? Will it be more future proof? Thanks.

Solution
To a point it is surprising you are getting 50m with a 150m card. It will be hard to get 100m without going to 802.11ac. Both your router and your nic must support whatever speeds you get. The actual rates you get vary greatly from house to house so there is no way to really predict the speed but the number they say are way above what you can really get. They would call a 1g ethernet cable 2g if you use the method wireless router manufacture do except you can really get 1g up and 1g down on ethernet unlike wireless.
To a point it is surprising you are getting 50m with a 150m card. It will be hard to get 100m without going to 802.11ac. Both your router and your nic must support whatever speeds you get. The actual rates you get vary greatly from house to house so there is no way to really predict the speed but the number they say are way above what you can really get. They would call a 1g ethernet cable 2g if you use the method wireless router manufacture do except you can really get 1g up and 1g down on ethernet unlike wireless.

Solution