7870 Maybe Dying?

Nathan_130

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
I've had this card for a while now has been running fine till today this happened. but once i try to close out or restart Windows it goes back to normal Like nothing ever happened.
I Have a XFX 7870 Double D current clocks 1000 Gpu 1200 Memory. I did try upping the clock recently but the games I tested failed so I restored the previous settings. The drivers are up todate Just did a clean install last week. I do run Multi Monitor any other information as far as specs.

AMD Phenom x6 thuban 2.8
12 Gb Ram
PSU 650
Mobo: MSI Gaming 970

8b8882433e.jpg

"I did try upping the clock recently but the games I tested failed"

I can't help but notice the total lack of detailed information here. How you did it, how much you raised the clock speed, what the temps were, which games were tested and what 'failed' means. This leads me to think you pushed the card too far and here you are. If you can test this card in another system, that would be the easiest way to see what's what.

Nathan_130

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

I only raised clock to 1100 from 1000 and 1300 from 1200. temps were about 60-65c. I really didn't push it that hard honestly. GTA 5, H1Z1 KotK, and Ghost Recon Wildlands were the games used during the over clock. but to be even more specific that was at least 3 days ago. Which I have played those games since no problem. but this card is going on about 4 or 5 years old for me So i would not be surprised if it was going out.

Failed meaning Games crashed or had random error during gameplay and then closed.

TRENDING THREADS