R9 390 DVI not working

Nicolo_2

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Hello guys Let's begin by saying that I own an R9 390 by MSI and I 've used an HannSpree monitor with HDMI till 2 weeks ago , I got my new BenQ XL2411z wich has 3 ports ( HDMI , VGA and DVI-DL) and I have to mention that according to the site 1080p and 144Hz you MUST use DVI , so I got the monitor without the DVI cable and I had to order one , I made sure to get the right one and I can send the link to anyone who's interested. After plugging my PC to the DVI and turning it on I saw the MSI ( My motherboard logo ) and the Windows logo and then BUM black screen and the monitor says that there is no signal coming. Things I've tried : -DDU + Re-installing new drivers ; -DDU + Re-installing old drivers ; -Installing and Nvidia GPU (GTX 650) after running DDU and insatlling Nvidia Drivers ( It works ) ; -Wipe all my HDDs and installing Windows 7 ( I was previously running Win 10 );
Other things : -When I completely uninstall all graphical drivers and the GPU gets detected as Standard GPU I can get singal via DVI but no 144hz; -If try to install AMD drivers when it almost finishes everything it goes all black;
My conclusions: -It's not the monitor; -It's not the cable; -It's not the GPU ( I have tried the monitor on another AMD based pc and nothing works); -It's the drivers or something else which I am not aware of;
If you want to contact me personally this is my steam account link : http://steamcommunity.com/id/wasdgamingoffcial/ I am sorry for my bad english. Thank you for your time Nicolò Lorenzon

CropEditPaste

Honorable
May 13, 2016
Have you tried it with HDMI or VGA? It sounds like a driver problem. Remove all previous monitor drivers and driver software and try force installing the driver alone, or retry with the Nvidia Control Panel or AMD's Crimson. Also check to make sure that nothing looks bent or that there is no dust in the sockets.

HDMI should deliver 144hz also. Attempt with the HDMI cable.

You have double checked that the Dvi cable is Dual link wired Nicolo ?

That it is a Digital Dvi dual link monitor cable.

Other wise when the monitor switches from the Standard 60Hz frequency by default to 144Hz all you will get is a no signal message.

looking at the Dvi pin end all of the small pins should be present where on one side of it you should have a large flat pin denoting it is a digital dual wired cable.

I if the pin out of the Dvi cable you bought differs in anyway other than what I have described how it should look looking at the pin out end you need to buy a new Dvi cable again.

If you go into the monitor menu you should be able to manually select the 60Hz frequency range, if you get a picture or display back on the monitor it confirms you have bought the wrong Dvi cable.

Nicolo_2

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

As I said I tried with a GTX 650 with DVI and everythig worked fine 1080p 144hz no issues .

Nicolo_2

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

I have tried it all , nothing seems to work also the monitor accepts only 144hz 1080p via DVI so that's all I can do