I7 3770 not that good anymore?

No0bish

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Hey, i hope someone cann help me with my current issue.
So i had this i7 3770 (non k) in my old rig and i was pretty happy with it. After a while, i wasnt happy with my graphics card and lack of ram. So i decided to buy a new graphics card, new case, new cooler, new Mainboard, more ram and a new ssd.
It took me a lil bit since i needed to safe some money but i finally did it. Built my very own "new" Pc, lets say i've built a PC "around" my cpu since thats the only part i didnt replace and i didnt want to buy a new cpu.

Cause i thougt the i7 3770 was still a good cpu... now i started playing bf1 and im getting fps drops and i can tell its not my gpu it runs any other game pretty well but in Battlefield 1 i just cannot play a single game without getting brutal fps drops. I read alot of theards where people claim their rigs with the same or equivalent cpu can handle bf1 easy on 64 Player servers. I even saw videos of it.
I tried everything (uninstalled windows, installed windows on a brand new ssd, installed windows 10, game settings on low, unpark cores and so on) i tried everything possible for a month now and i really dont know what to do anymore.
Now what helped a bit was setting the CPU 1, 2, 3, 4 ratio from 39, 39, 38, 37 to 43, 43, 42, 41. But i got bluescreens etc. etc. and i dont think that those people who claim to play it with similar setups did that either.
I cannot effort a new cpu + mainboard so i hope someone can help me here.

SPECS:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
I7 3770 (non k)
RX 480 4GB (Sapphire Nitro + OC)
16GB DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston RAM
Thermaltake "Hamburg" 530W
500GB Toshiba HDD
256 Intenso SSD
Artic Freezer 13

I appreciate your help!

No0bish

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Thanks for your answers so far.
1. I really dont think its the PSU cause my pc never crashed or shut down due to low energy. It could still be an option, how can i check that?

2. CPU Temps, yesterday i reapplied thermal paste and my temps went down for like ~10c. While gaming (bf1) or using prime95 the temps going up to 70c, before appliying new paste it reached 80c. Is 70c too high? idle 40c.

failard

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

70 is good