please help fx 9590 freezing pc

wolfe88061

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
i have had this fx 9590 for a week it was replaced along with a gigabyte 990fx gaming and 16gb of gskill 2400 ram i have tride lots of different things i read on other topics but nothing seems to help and i am a little out of my league i am not an overclock person so i dont really understand voltages and things like that some one plz help

Solution
Stock settings for the FX 8350 are 1.375V with 4.0 base 4.2 turbo, might be worth a try. Or try 4.4 GHz on 1.4V or something. It's trial and error, you have to see what's stable yourself unfortunately

wolfe88061

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
I have an evo 212. I have heard a ton a people say that before and I wish I would have heard that before I bought it lol. But now how can I make it stable I don't have the funds to buy a h100i.

Required for FX-9000 series is All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooling with a 240mm radiator. A fan blowing air downward to electronics surrounding CPU Socket is also needed.

I suggest you cease using the motherboard until you get proper cooling or you may damage the motherboard.

Be sure to use a case that supports the use of a 220mm radiator.

MasterLiquid Pro 240 All-In-One (AIO) Liquid Cooler
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP44Z4091&Tpk=9SIA6ZP44Z4091

I would also suggest using a quality Thermal Compound like Artic Silver 5.
http://www.arcticsilver.com/amd_application_method.html#

wolfe88061

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
OK thank you very much I will try that and see what I come up with and let you guys know. Plz know that I really do epresehate all the help I feel dumb for buying the fx 9590 but it was one of the only ones recamended for VR

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, it's trial-and-error because chips are not identical. There's no magic "select this setting and go" for underclocking/overclocking, it'll be a combination of your chip and your workload to see what works for you to stop the freezing.