I7-7700 70+ temp in cs go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihsan_3

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Im getting 70+ temp in cs go with I7-7700 and im using h115i cooler, is this normal?

Its without OC

Solution

Somebody needs extra attention?

Now on the main subject, if your cooler is properly installed then the best way to reduce temps in kaby lake chips is reducing the Vcore but its not recommended for simple users.Kaby lake chips tend to run on high Vcore on stock settings and some motherboard makers made bios updates just to fix that. Your temps are just fine tho you don't need to worry.

Ihsan_3

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

Do you have a direct link to the 26.6 version ?

octavecode

Distinguished
My i7 7700K stock vcore was 1.26v. I periodically reduced it to 1.15v stable and i get max 70-72C while x265 encoding and around 60C while gaming online (Be quiet dark advanced). My hotest core has 7C difference with the rest so i might delid it and get better temps..

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
For a non k this is not normal. I'm using a k which gets much hotter.

You need to use corsair link to make sure everything is functioning.

I run quiet mode with the fans on performance and it works quite well. As in 70c peak under a prime95 load.

Under a gaming load I don't peak 60.

You need to try reseating the pump with different thermal paste and tightening in a X pattern.

Ihsan_3

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

Sorry, my cpu is actrually a I7-7700k

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
No no. Bad idea.

Your temps are running pretty low in comparison.

Mine averages a delta of up to 50c over ambient temps, which would equate to a little higher than yours, you're good.

Reducing your ambient temps to around 70f or 22c may reduce your temps to a reasonable number and allow you to OC.

Can you start reading valeman. I've seen you pop in to a couple of threads and just TL;DR the entire thread and post a short vague answer in contrast to the thread contents.

octavecode

Distinguished

Somebody needs extra attention?

Now on the main subject, if your cooler is properly installed then the best way to reduce temps in kaby lake chips is reducing the Vcore but its not recommended for simple users.Kaby lake chips tend to run on high Vcore on stock settings and some motherboard makers made bios updates just to fix that. Your temps are just fine tho you don't need to worry.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.