i5 7500 with GTX 1050ti? Is this build Good?

G

I am planning to build a PC (My first build)
So I am planning to pair the i5 7500 with a GTX 1050 ti
Is it good?
and can you suggest a motherboard
The main purpose of this PC is for Video editing and Gaming (Moderate).
and it is a budget build.
Not planning to overclock No SLI too.(Won't)
I want it to be future proofed.

So a motherboard suggestion...(I am looking at H270s)
and is the i5 7500 with GTX 1050 ti Okay?

Please Help

Thank You.

G

What about the ASUS H270F?
I am looking at a PSU between 500w to 650w
Which one do you recommend?

Thank You.

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
how about this :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($193.33 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($113.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($53.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.33 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition Video Card ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.89 @ Newegg)
Total: $715.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-07 01:34 EST-0500

for mother board I chose itx form factor with "Z270" Chipset, just like you said you want to be future proof, so... just in cease you want to upgrade your CPU with "K" version in the future.
an SSD is must have these days to put your OS, while your data store at HDD.
and for PSU I chose 550w with "Gold" cerification semi modular from Seasonic also for future proof, and this unit can handle i7 7700k with gtx 1080 perfectly.
this is just suggestion, so the final call is yours.

G

I am looking for an ATX build
So what are your suggestions?

Thank you.

What fourseven said is all good, but I would trade the Mb for an ATX H270 or a Z270 if you want to upgrade later (although it doesnt make much sense to me, because when you upgrade it will probably already be to a new socket) and an ATX Case like the Corsair 300R or a Cooler Master CM 690 III.
And I would replace the SSD for for a Samsung Evo 850 M.2 250Gb

G

So which motherboard? Z270 or H270
I want it to be future proofed
And I am Not planning to overclock or SLI.

Which brand of motherboard? ASUS or MSI or GIGABYTE or ASRock

Thank You.

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I usually will just pick whichever is cheaper. ASUS or MSI or GIGABYTE or ASRock, they all make great motherboards.
If you really want your build to be futureproof, you may wanna invest on gtx1060

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

well.. if you're not planing on OC or multi graphic card, H270 is best for you, and you can invest the rest budget to better GPU like RX480 or GTX 1060 just like "kaiteck" said.
and for SSD "chegalhavara" got the point M.2 SSD is best for future proof if you can afford it.
and about mobo brand I personally will take what is best value for money because each brand has its own pros and cons.
for RAM at the first time I build my own PC, 8Gb is used to be enough but now... I feel insufficient.
and if for video editing I think bigger ram is needed because ram is suppose to help cpu performance, and video editing and rendering is focus to cpu, so... the more bigger ram capacities the more effective your cpu will become.

G

Oh Okay.
So out of these Motherboards which one is good or you prefer?
Future proof....

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H270-GAMING-M3.html#productFeature-section
or
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-H270F-GAMING/
or
http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H270%20Pro4/index.asp

Asrock $100
MSI $134
ASUS $139

Thank You.

fourseven

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

as for me, I would prefer $100 ASRock H270 pro4 for it's price and has all the feature you gonna need, and for another two, I think you can get "Z270" chipset mobo with that range of price so that's just not gonna work for me as meanwhile you can spend those extra money to another parts.
that's just my opinion.

Yup. The Asrock is cheaper but they are all good boards. Just go with the one you like the most. And with the money you save you can buy a decent Cpu cooler. A Cooler Master EVO 212 will be cheap and more than enough to keep you Cpu cool. And it is also Future Proof, as that seems to be your main concern.
Just keep in mind there is nothing really Future proof. Even if you spend 5000$ on a new Pc.

G

Oh Ok
Which would be the best 16gb ddr4 ram for this?
ASrock H270 PRO4 with i5 7500. Supports only till 2400mhz
And it says non ecc? I am not able to find these non ecc rams.

Please Help

Thank you

Ecc rams are used mainly for servers. Dont worry buying Ram. The Ecc ram is usually more expensive anď says in the specs that they are ecc ram. If it says nothing, it's non ecc.
I would go with the G Skill Ripjaws V 2400Mhz. If your budget allows it 2x8Gb.

G

Oh Ok
And Please help

The ASRock H270 PRO4 and ASUS H270F motherboards say they have 2 chassis fan connectors
Does that mean That I can't connect more than 2 fans in the chassis

Whereas
The MSI GAMING M3 and MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC say they have 4 system fan connectors

And I want to have more than 2 fans in the Pc which do I have to go with?

Please Help

Thank you.

If you want more fans go with one of the mbs with more connectors. Or else uou have to buy a fan controller. As for fans you have to check how many places for fans youe case have. I'd go with the Corsair ML 120/140 Pro if you are into Led lighting. Got 2 140mm myself and they are awesome. Expensive though.
Non led lighting go with Noctuas. The NF-A12/14 are very good for example.

G

I am confused again
Which one out of these

ASRock H270 Pro4 vs GIGABYTE GA H270 Gaming 3 vs MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC/GAMING M3

In terms of quality etc..

Thank You