A4 7300 ,need to upgrade card to play newer games online

Countryboy4

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
New here , need some help,not that savy on computers. I want to upgrade this gaming pc I have, I know it's not an expensive one but would like to know what I need to upgrade the graphics card/video from the Radeon HD 8470D not supported to play the game( For Honor.) What would be a good card to upgrade to and what else would I need to upgrade while I am at it ?. I thank you for any help, you can provide. Thanks in advance

Solution
This represent the backbones system that can run For Honor at acceptable framerates:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($50.83 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 460 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $287.79

These should do For Honor 30+ min fps @ 1080p High.

Although replacing motherboard may invalidate Windows license, so that could be another bit of expense to consider.

FD2Raptor

Admirable
This represent the backbones system that can run For Honor at acceptable framerates:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($50.83 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 460 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $287.79

These should do For Honor 30+ min fps @ 1080p High.

Although replacing motherboard may invalidate Windows license, so that could be another bit of expense to consider.

Solution

Countryboy4

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Thank you I appreciate this, I've contacted places and they never gAve me a straight answer ,first time trying out this on Tom's Hardware ,and got the answer . Thank you again

FD2Raptor

Admirable
Another thing you may want to know with the RX460 is that you can extract another 10-27% performance from them by unlocking them with a unofficial custom BIOS flash and overclocking. (while listed as Untested, the BIOS for the MSI one is found to be working on a local tech forum).

The caveats are:
1> Flashing BIOS is, however, a process that can damage the card so do follow all the precautions.
2> As an unofficial solution, some drivers may not work with a BIOS flashed card.
3> When combined with increased power limit for overclocking, a RX 460 may draw ~100W from the PCIe slot, ~33% over the specification, so don't go too crazy on those overclocking dials and settings or you may end up with a dead MB.

Countryboy4

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Thanks again ,ya sure know your stuff. You wouldn't happen to own tour own computer shop would ya? Lol! Worried if I try all I need to do ,I will create a train wreck. Lol!

Countryboy4

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Countryboy4

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Thanks again, ya sure know your stuff, Ya wouldnt happen to own your own computer shop would ya? Lol! Afraid with me doing all this, I'm gonna create a train wreck. Lol.