My computer doesn't run games as good as it should

i have an intel core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.000GHz, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 15.88 GB RAM and my Driver version is 378.49. The game Overwatch says that i can run the game on ultra, but when i run the game on low its less than 10 fps. i cant get into the game on ultra any suggestions.
7 answers Last reply
More about computer run games good
  1. Yeah that is def not right. My guess is something is not connected right (video cable connected to MB instead of GPU), or BIOS settings are wrong (running off IGP instead of GPU). Or even in Windows settings you could be in power saving mode, causing GPU to throttle down.

    Of course this is all assuming you're not running tons of programs in the background while gaming, or have a malware problem. Could even be a bad driver or OS install, or corrupted driver or system files.

    That said, while you shouldn't be getting such low FPS, the spec is kinda unbalanced. You have a very powerful CPU, but comparatively weak GPU.
  2. At what resolution? You can run ultra settings at 640x480 but if you are trying at 4K your GTX1050 is just not up to scratch.
  3. I'm doubting many players would be dumb enough to try to run any current AAA games at 4k on a mere 1050 Ti. Even best case scenario on most games would be under 25 FPS.

    That said, a 1050 Ti can handle Overwatch at 1440p.
  4. Frag Maniac said:
    I'm doubting many players would be dumb enough to try to run any current AAA games at 4k on a mere 1050 Ti. Even best case scenario on most games would be under 25 FPS.

    That said, a 1050 Ti can handle Overwatch at 1440p.


    i am not looking for 4k or even ultra graphics just graphics at a decent amount. This isn't the only games i am having frame problems with either. i run the following games low quality and still have problems fps H1Z1 king of the kill, depth, killing floor 2, rust, super hot, and dead by daylight.
  5. devdown said:
    i am not looking for 4k or even ultra graphics just graphics at a decent amount. This isn't the only games i am having frame problems with either. i run the following games low quality and still have problems fps H1Z1 king of the kill, depth, killing floor 2, rust, super hot, and dead by daylight.

    Did I say you were? Quite the opposite. You should have quoted darkguset's comment with this. He was the one I was responding to regarding 4k being unrealistic.
  6. Try reinstalling the latest NVIDIA drivers with the "Clean-option" selected. NVIDIA's installer has been famously known for having issues if you try to avoid doing a clean install. Hopefully that will fix it.
  7. Frag Maniac said:
    Yeah that is def not right. My guess is something is not connected right (video cable connected to MB instead of GPU), or BIOS settings are wrong (running off IGP instead of GPU). Or even in Windows settings you could be in power saving mode, causing GPU to throttle down.

    Of course this is all assuming you're not running tons of programs in the background while gaming, or have a malware problem. Could even be a bad driver or OS install, or corrupted driver or system files.

    That said, while you shouldn't be getting such low FPS, the spec is kinda unbalanced. You have a very powerful CPU, but comparatively weak GPU.


    how would i make my gpu or upgrade it in any way better than it is

    Frag Maniac said:
    devdown said:
    i am not looking for 4k or even ultra graphics just graphics at a decent amount. This isn't the only games i am having frame problems with either. i run the following games low quality and still have problems fps H1Z1 king of the kill, depth, killing floor 2, rust, super hot, and dead by daylight.

    Did I say you were? Quite the opposite. You should have quoted darkguset's comment with this. He was the one I was responding to regarding 4k being unrealistic.


    also to be honest i dont know how this website works very well
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Computers Games