does 90-100% CPU usage during gaming indicate CPU bottleneck??

Manideep_98

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
i'm using intel dual core e5700 with gt 730 2gb 64 bit ddr5. While playing almost every game, my cpu consumption is raised to 90-100 % and my GPU usage was around 60%. does that mean CPU bottleneck?

Solution
Play through busy areas of the game, lots of effects/action/characters running around, and quiet areas of the game where nothing is going on. Look at CPU usage and GPU usage. If you're seeing CPU usage way up there no matter what's going on, I'd say that's a bottleneck. If during the busiest graphical area you see the GPU still never gets near 100%, that's more proof of a bottleneck.
Would help to know which games you're playing, though assuming they're all from 2010 or more recent then its very likely its a cpu bottleneck. Newer games use new instructions that your CPU does not have or demand 4 cores leading it to work at max to compensate.

Play through busy areas of the game, lots of effects/action/characters running around, and quiet areas of the game where nothing is going on. Look at CPU usage and GPU usage. If you're seeing CPU usage way up there no matter what's going on, I'd say that's a bottleneck. If during the busiest graphical area you see the GPU still never gets near 100%, that's more proof of a bottleneck.

Solution