Solved

PLZ HELP EMERGENCY MY PC WOnt TURN ON

So i just got done building my first pc and when i press the power switch my pc switches on for like a second and then shuts down for like 3 seconds then turns back on and it keeps on looping. And the power supply and other components become shocking and even the case starts shocking me.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about plz emergency wont turn
  1. Stop turning it on. Take all the components out and reinstall them. You are shorting somewhere. Most likely you didnt use the motherboard standoffs.
  2. OMH_02 said:
    So i just got done building my first pc and when i press the power switch my pc switches on for like a second and then shuts down for like 3 seconds then turns back on and it keeps on looping. And the power supply and other components become shocking and even the case starts shocking me.


    Please list full system specs. This is a common behavior for Skylake boards with Kaby Lake CPUs in them before the BIOS update is installed.
  3. vrumor said:
    Stop turning it on. Take all the components out and reinstall them. You are shorting somewhere. Most likely you didnt use the motherboard standoffs.


    What do you mean by motherboard standoffs?
  4. weberdarren97 said:


    Thank you for your response. :)
  5. Hes getting shocked by touching his case when he turns it on. Im sure you didnt read to that part if you are suggesting a BIOS update will fix this.
  6. vrumor said:
    Hes getting shocked by touching his case when he turns it on. Im sure you didnt read to that part if you are suggesting a BIOS update will fix this.


    I cant update it because the pc doesnt even stay turned on for more than 1 sec and btw its the z270 Gaming K3
    And my cpu is the i5 7500
  7. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from OMH_02 : "MY PC WOnt TURN ON"

    So i just got done building my first pc and when i press the power switch my pc switches on for like a second and then shuts down for like 3 seconds then turns back on and it keeps on looping. And the power supply and other components become shocking and even the case starts shocking me
    my motherboard is the z270 gaming k3
    and my cpu is the i5 7500.
  8. Best answer
    It seems loosen Ram Module.

    1- Remove all the RAM modules.
    2- Reinstall ONLY one RAM module (check it out it's plugged in both sides firmly).

    If it continues rebooting try a Cmos reset (read above, it's from your board manual, locate the Cmos Pins marked in Red).



    If it doesn't work we need your Ram module Specs to verify its compatibility.

    Good Luck !
  9. Can you post a picture of the motherboard?
  10. vrumor said:
    Hes getting shocked by touching his case when he turns it on. Im sure you didnt read to that part if you are suggesting a BIOS update will fix this.


    I never suggested a BIOS update Lol. Number 3 in the list I linked takes you to the part where it talks about standoffs.

    @OHM_02, do you have any spare power connectors lying around inside the case? If so, is it touching anything metal?

    Assuming you have standoffs under all the screw holes in the motherboard, did you make sure there weren't any other standoffs that might be touching the back of the board? You didn't drop any screws behind the motherboard, did you?
  11. Fer_Sql said:
    It seems loosen Ram Module.

    1- Remove all the RAM modules.
    2- Reinstall ONLY one RAM module (check it out it's plugged in both sides firmly).

    If it continues rebooting try a Cmos reset (read above, it's from your board manual, locate the Cmos Pins marked in Red).



    If it doesn't work we need your Ram module Specs to verify its compatibility.

    Good Luck !


    THANKS YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, IT WAS THE RAM STICKS. YOU ARE SOOOO AWESOME. :wahoo:
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Power Switch