Solved

GTA IV couldn't know my 4GB graphics in laptop (plz help me!!)

i have asus k501 laptop

i5-6200u
8Gb ddr3 ram
gpu gtx 950 4gb ddr3

so GTA IV only know 500 MB of my vram graphics (500 mb is my onbord intel 520 graphic)
i have windows 10 64bit
and v378.78 GeForce driver
and last intel driver and GTA iv v1.0.8.0 (2016) patch
and -nomemrestr.... comand in iv shortcut
so i set mey iv graphics card and laptop graphics card in to nvidia gtx
but l have this problem
i play gta v easy on high settings :|
ASC syndicate , Resident Evil 7 :|
any ideas guys? :ange:
Reply to dalton2007
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gta 4gb graphics laptop plz
  1. this is gta iv most common problem, even in my old laptop and my main pc, however i'll give you my working commandline (put this in a notepad .txt with commandline as title in the game's main folder) and hope that it works
    -norestrictions
    -availablevidmem 25.0
    -percentvidmem 100%
    -minspecaudio
    -nomemrestrict

    good luck
    Reply to OfficialG3
  2. dalton2007 said:
    i have asus k501 laptop

    i5-6200u
    8Gb ddr3 ram
    gpu gtx 950 4gb ddr3

    so GTA IV only know 500 MB of my vram graphics (500 mb is my onbord intel 520 graphic)
    i have windows 10 64bit
    and v378.78 GeForce driver
    and last intel driver and GTA iv v1.0.8.0 (2016) patch
    and -nomemrestr.... comand in iv shortcut
    so i set mey iv graphics card and laptop graphics card in to nvidia gtx
    but l have this problem
    i play gta v easy on high settings :|
    ASC syndicate , Resident Evil 7 :|
    any ideas guys? :ange:


    Anonymous said:
    this is gta iv most common problem, even in my old laptop and my main pc, however i'll give you my working commandline (put this in a notepad .txt with commandline as title in the game's main folder) and hope that it works
    -norestrictions
    -availablevidmem 25.0
    -percentvidmem 100%
    -minspecaudio
    -nomemrestrict

    good luck


    Thanks man but your answer did not solve my problem
    R u sure this commands work on iv v1.0.8.0 ?
    I remember its for 2008 year gta iv v1.0 is come and have many graphics bug
    I dont know but is not work
    It is very important that the iv does not use onboard graphics on laptops
    I try to run iv on gtx 950 but iv use intel HD 520
    I think if i have a pc and gtx taitan x 12 gb it means I have a single graphics card iv dosnt have any problem but for a century gta iv got a problem with laptps :\ looool

    If you guys have any idea tell me ! (-_-) zzz
    Reply to dalton2007
  3. Best answer
    dalton2007 said:
    dalton2007 said:
    i have asus k501 laptop

    i5-6200u
    8Gb ddr3 ram
    gpu gtx 950 4gb ddr3

    so GTA IV only know 500 MB of my vram graphics (500 mb is my onbord intel 520 graphic)
    i have windows 10 64bit
    and v378.78 GeForce driver
    and last intel driver and GTA iv v1.0.8.0 (2016) patch
    and -nomemrestr.... comand in iv shortcut
    so i set mey iv graphics card and laptop graphics card in to nvidia gtx
    but l have this problem
    i play gta v easy on high settings :|
    ASC syndicate , Resident Evil 7 :|
    any ideas guys? :ange:


    Anonymous said:
    this is gta iv most common problem, even in my old laptop and my main pc, however i'll give you my working commandline (put this in a notepad .txt with commandline as title in the game's main folder) and hope that it works
    -norestrictions
    -availablevidmem 25.0
    -percentvidmem 100%
    -minspecaudio
    -nomemrestrict

    good luck


    Thanks man but your answer did not solve my problem
    R u sure this commands work on iv v1.0.8.0 ?
    I remember its for 2008 year gta iv v1.0 is come and have many graphics bug
    I dont know but is not work
    It is very important that the iv does not use onboard graphics on laptops
    I try to run iv on gtx 950 but iv use intel HD 520
    I think if i have a pc and gtx taitan x 12 gb it means I have a single graphics card iv dosnt have any problem but for a century gta iv got a problem with laptps :\ looool

    If you guys have any idea tell me ! (-_-) zzz


    on the switchable graphics settings (the drivers page, they should have this) set everything to high performance and make sure the dedicated gpu is engaged, then try and re-run the game, gta iv is plagued with these issues since the day it was made
    Reply to OfficialG3
  4. sometimes those command work, sometimes doesnt. but for sure my laptop has nvidia geforce 940mx 2gb and gta iv only detect 500mb of ram, i try to run it on medium-high and high, and it run smoothly on solid 60 fps with no problem even though gta iv itself only detect 500mb and the usage of the graphics card is a bit over 500mb i get no problem
    Reply to nvincent_08
  5. How did you acquire your copy?
    Reply to MeesterYellow
  6. OfficialG3 ! Its work tanx men
    I set it on high performance an all other on high so iv run better than before better than gtx 960 :)
    Reply to dalton2007
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games