Solved

Few Physx version instaled

Hi guys! Can anybody tell is it correct when in "Program and features" are two Physx installed(first one: "NVIDIA PHYSX" v.9.10.0513 size: 42.2MB installation date: 18.03.2017 and other one is "NVIDIA PHYSX SYSTEM SOFTWARE" v.9.16.0318 size: 406 MB installation date 28.02.2017)?
- Are they the different parts of Physx technology(because the size is different and the name of second one includes "SYSTEM SOFTWARE" part)?
- Also may/must I delete the first one?

Story before the question:
Today I installed old game(Mafia 2) from STEAM, and it's automatically installed NVIDIA PHYSX v.9.10.0513. It's a little bit confusing.
I also saw in Windows Reliability monitor two records:
1) Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: NVIDIA PhysX. Product Version: 9.10.0513. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: NVIDIA Corporation. Installation success or error status: 0.
2) Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: NVIDIA PhysX. Product Version: 9.14.0702. Product Language: 0. Manufacturer: NVIDIA Corporation. Installation success or error status: 0.
Also in Nvidia control panel in SystemInformation->Components Physx is shown as 9.10.0513 version. It seems that is a pretty old one version.

MY OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
Graphics card: MSI Nvidia GTX 1080FE
Reply to andropoliss
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about physx version instaled
  1. Best answer
    If you have graphics or driver issues, one of the most common fixes is a clean uninstall and removal of your graphics drivers.

    To uninstall your drivers, first download and run Display Driver Uninstaller, and follow it's recommendations of booting into safe mode and ect.
    (This is a direct download link so you don't grab the wrong version)
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

    You'll download a compressed file called "[Guru3D.com]-DDU.zip"
    Right click and choose extract.
    Go into the folder and run the DDU v##.##.exe
    This will extract more files to this folder.
    Run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
    Choose Yes when it asks you to boot into SafeMode.
    After you've rebooted into safe mode.
    When DDU comes up, if it hasn't selected your GPU manufacturer (Nvidia/AMD/Intel) then choose it from the drop down list
    Press the Clean and Restart option
    If a window comes up asking to disable the Windows automatic installation of display drivers click yes.

    After (or before removing the old drivers, just put the new ones on the desktop or somewhere handy) rebooting back into Windows, manually download the latest drivers from Nvidia or AMD, don't use auto detect, choose you GPU model and OS from the drop down lists.
    Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    Intel: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
    Reply to James Mason
  2. James Mason said:
    If you have graphics or driver issues, one of the most common fixes is a clean uninstall and removal of your graphics drivers.

    To uninstall your drivers, first download and run Display Driver Uninstaller, and follow it's recommendations of booting into safe mode and ect.
    (This is a direct download link so you don't grab the wrong version)
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

    You'll download a compressed file called "[Guru3D.com]-DDU.zip"
    Right click and choose extract.
    Go into the folder and run the DDU v##.##.exe
    This will extract more files to this folder.
    Run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
    Choose Yes when it asks you to boot into SafeMode.
    After you've rebooted into safe mode.
    When DDU comes up, if it hasn't selected your GPU manufacturer (Nvidia/AMD/Intel) then choose it from the drop down list
    Press the Clean and Restart option
    If a window comes up asking to disable the Windows automatic installation of display drivers click yes.

    After (or before removing the old drivers, just put the new ones on the desktop or somewhere handy) rebooting back into Windows, manually download the latest drivers from Nvidia or AMD, don't use auto detect, choose you GPU model and OS from the drop down lists.
    Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    Intel: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html


    Thanks god, I has no issues, but I'm curious if the situation described above are normal.
    Reply to andropoliss
  3. andropoliss said:


    Thanks god, I has no issues, but I'm curious if the situation described above are normal.


    The thing above should clear up any excess drivers you don't actually need. They could cause problems down the line is all. Your issue is currently minor, and the above will is designed to clear out any leftover junk like old physx drivers.
    Reply to James Mason
  4. James Mason said:
    andropoliss said:


    Thanks god, I has no issues, but I'm curious if the situation described above are normal.


    The thing above should clear up any excess drivers you don't actually need. They could cause problems down the line is all. Your issue is currently minor, and the above will is designed to clear out any leftover junk like old physx drivers.


    Thanks, man. I made what you proposed and get this log. Is it ok?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxKOF6mU3GzCRktSQnM3OVp3UFU/view?usp=sharing
    Reply to andropoliss
  5. andropoliss said:
    James Mason said:
    andropoliss said:


    Thanks god, I has no issues, but I'm curious if the situation described above are normal.


    The thing above should clear up any excess drivers you don't actually need. They could cause problems down the line is all. Your issue is currently minor, and the above will is designed to clear out any leftover junk like old physx drivers.


    Thanks, man. I made what you proposed and get this log. Is it ok?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxKOF6mU3GzCRktSQnM3OVp3UFU/view?usp=sharing


    Log is pretty unreadable, did it give you an error message saying anything was wrong?
    are the excess drivers gone now?
    Reply to James Mason
  6. I tried it few times cause windows showed messages like "This app can't be running on this Administration account..." and I thought that I done smtg wrong. I suppose that it was about other autostart software which tried to run in safe mode. Only one time I saw message which include information about some addresses in memory.
    But after that I installed driver and ran Uninstaller again and that message hadn't appeared.
    And yes, that strange issue gone away. Thanks a lot, James.
    Reply to andropoliss
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Video Games Physx Nvidia