Solved

RYZEN 1700 - NEED Help PLS

Hi ,
My setup :
Ryzen 7 1700
ASrock Fatal1ty Gaming K4 AB350
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200Mhz
EVGA 750G2 PSU ( 80+ Gold)

Issue:
When I run my CPU on stock clock running normal no issue 3194 Mhz ( 1400cb point )

When I do OC in BIOS 3.7 Ghz + 1.25 V starting up everything great but when I start the test Cinebench shows me its 3.7 Ghz but in CPU-Z it says 2694 Mhz + 0.51v
OCCT showing the same 2694 Mhz + 0.51v

I did update latest bios (Beta 1.43 ) but I can only change CPU Frequency + Core Voltage .

What am I doing wrong ?!

7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ryzen 1700 pls
  1. Firs how did you "OC" in the BIOS?

    But maybe CPU-Z just isn't updated to reading all the specs properly.
  2. Whatever CPU-Z is showing is not the fixed figure, multiplier, bus speed will be changing dynamically based upon load
    So, to get the right frequency, run some compute intensive task (like Cinebench) and parallely see the cpu-z what it is showing
  3. getochkn said:
    Firs how did you "OC" in the BIOS?

    But maybe CPU-Z just isn't updated to reading all the specs properly.


    1. I have updated the BIOS to be able to change the CPU Frequency modifier
    2. After I changed to CPU Frequency modifier to 3700 Mhz + 1.25v

    So with the BIOS settings on stock I reached cinebench 1408 cb points
    When I change the CPU frequency modifier to 3700 than I reached only 1158cb


    Update Someone posted the same issue on asrock forum http://

    + I just got reply from ASRock Support :

    " Hi Peter,
    Please download link below try with F Stream utility (ONLY FTUsetup) to check the CPU speed.
    https://we.tl/UHQvGNyXHN
    For the memory please visit link below for Q&A
    http://www.asrock.com/microsite/AM4TSD/

    Thank you

    ASRock America Support Team"
  4. Ravi Sankar said:
    Whatever CPU-Z is showing is not the fixed figure, multiplier, bus speed will be changing dynamically based upon load
    So, to get the right frequency, run some compute intensive task (like Cinebench) and parallely see the cpu-z what it is showing


    I did tested with cinebench when I was checking with another 2 program the voltage and frequency
  5. Have you set windows power to performance? Did you disable HPET in bios? These changes will increase heat due to keeps Ryzen working and not down shifting. Here is a few additional tips to try.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3176907/components-processors/ryzen-cpus-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-about-amds-disruptive-multicore-chips.html?page=2
  6. elbert said:
    Have you set windows power to performance? Did you disable HPET in bios? These changes will increase heat due to keeps Ryzen working and not down shifting. Here is a few additional tips to try.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3176907/components-processors/ryzen-cpus-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-about-amds-disruptive-multicore-chips.html?page=2


    Thanks I read it and I used some of the tips from it
  7. Best answer
    Ok Finally few people looked up everything and we found the reason of this :


    Sollution :
    You have to change the :
    Advance settings -> " Cool 'n' quiet " -> Disable
    You have to change the Fan Speed as well from standard

    Additional information :
    Task Manager -> Power consumption change to High Performance
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs