Solved

Looking for a case

Looking for a case that fits the MSI h110M gaming motherboard and the SF450 Corsair Powersupply. I have a budget around $100 any help would be appreciated

Link to motherboard- https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H110M-GAMING.html#hero-overview
Link to PSU- http://www.corsair.com/en-us/sf-series-sf450-450-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-high-performance-sfx-psu
Reply to ShurimanGod
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about case
  1. Do you prefer a particular look? (side panel with window or without, any favorite colors, etc)
    Reply to weberdarren97
  2. weberdarren97 said:
    Do you prefer a particular look? (side panel with window or without, any favorite colors, etc)


    I would like a side panel with a window but not too picky really
    Reply to ShurimanGod
  3. Best answer
    I think the Vivo CASE-V06 is going to be your best value case with a side window. Note that the fans have special connectors and can both work off of the same header if need be. This case is mATX size and will not fit a motherboard larger than the one you already have picked out. This case costs $34 new in the United States.

    Next up would be the DIYPC Zondda-S which is full ATX size and will allow for an upgrade to a larger motherboard in the future. This case costs $43 new in the United States.

    Finally, the NZXT S340 delivers a more premium aesthetic, but isn't as friendly to new builders due to the layout of some of the mounting and the awkwardness of the drive cages. This case is full ATX size and can fit a larger motherboard if you want to upgrade in the future. This case costs $67 new in the United States.

    Compare all three cases here. If the images on PCPartPicker look distorted (like how the Vivo case looks really fat), click a link to a store and take a look at their pictures. Sometimes the images on PCPartPicker get distorted, I don't know why.
    Reply to weberdarren97
  4. weberdarren97 said:
    I think the Vivo CASE-V06 is going to be your best value case with a side window. Note that the fans have special connectors and can both work off of the same header if need be. This case costs $34 new in the United States.

    Next up would be the DIYPC Zondda-S which is full ATX size and will allow for an upgrade to a larger motherboard in the future. This case costs $43 new in the United States.

    Finally, the NZXT S340 delivers a more premium aesthetic, but isn't as friendly to new builders due to the layout of some of the mounting and the awkwardness of the drive cages. This case costs $67 new in the United States.

    Compare all three cases here. If the images on PCPartPicker look distorted (like how the Vivo case looks really fat), click a link to a store and take a look at their pictures. Sometimes the images on PCPartPicker get distorted, I don't know why.


    Thank you for your help!
    Reply to ShurimanGod
  5. ShurimanGod said:
    Thank you for your help!


    You're welcome!

    Got any more questions while I'm online?

    I actually have a question for you. Why are you using a small form factor power supply when you're using a normal size case? Get a larger power supply with a full size fan. Larger fans can spin slower because they have longer blades. Slower fan, quieter power supply.
    Reply to weberdarren97
  6. weberdarren97 said:
    ShurimanGod said:
    Thank you for your help!
    I actually have a question for you. Why are you using a small form factor power supply when you're using a normal size case? Get a larger power supply with a full size fan. Larger fans can spin slower because they have longer blades. Slower fan, quieter power supply.


    This is true, SFF power supplies are only really needed in SFF cases. A standard size power supply will generally be quieter and less expensive, and you won't have to use an adapter plate to mount it in any of the cases mentioned. In fact, we actually managed to stuff our own 7.5" long power supply into CASE-V06. It partially blocked the 3.5" HDD cage, but it worked!
    Reply to VIVO-US
  7. VIVO-US said:
    weberdarren97 said:
    ShurimanGod said:
    Thank you for your help!
    I actually have a question for you. Why are you using a small form factor power supply when you're using a normal size case? Get a larger power supply with a full size fan. Larger fans can spin slower because they have longer blades. Slower fan, quieter power supply.


    This is true, SFF power supplies are only really needed in SFF cases. A standard size power supply will generally be quieter and less expensive, and you won't have to use an adapter plate to mount it in any of the cases mentioned. In fact, we actually managed to stuff our own 7.5" long power supply into CASE-V06. It partially blocked the 3.5" HDD cage, but it worked!


    You stuffed a 190mm power supply in there? I'm impressed. However, I recommend that OP stays around the 170-175mm range for maximum length for mATX cases.

    Since he's going for an H110 setup, I'd recommend the Seasonic M12ii Bronze EVO Edition as long as he's not using more than one graphics card. Good performance, quiet unit, great price. It has issues with the CPU sleep states, but that's why they can be disabled in BIOS.
    Reply to weberdarren97
  8. weberdarren97 said:
    VIVO-US said:
    weberdarren97 said:
    ShurimanGod said:
    Thank you for your help!
    I actually have a question for you. Why are you using a small form factor power supply when you're using a normal size case? Get a larger power supply with a full size fan. Larger fans can spin slower because they have longer blades. Slower fan, quieter power supply.


    This is true, SFF power supplies are only really needed in SFF cases. A standard size power supply will generally be quieter and less expensive, and you won't have to use an adapter plate to mount it in any of the cases mentioned. In fact, we actually managed to stuff our own 7.5" long power supply into CASE-V06. It partially blocked the 3.5" HDD cage, but it worked!


    You stuffed a 190mm power supply in there? I'm impressed. However, I recommend that OP stays around the 170-175mm range for maximum length for mATX cases.

    Since he's going for an H110 setup, I'd recommend the Seasonic M12ii Bronze EVO Edition as long as he's not using more than one graphics card. Good performance, quiet unit, great price. It has issues with the CPU sleep states, but that's why they can be disabled in BIOS.


    Right, and our own recommendation for CASE-V06 is 160mm (6.3") for full clearance of hard drives and cables. It was just an example of how much can be fit in a uATX case with some work. :ange:

    Seasonic's power supplies are very good, and the M12ii would be a great fit for a smaller system.
    Reply to VIVO-US
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Power Supplies Cases MSI-Microstar Powersupply Motherboards