New RX 480 stopped working

Guy Incognitus

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Here are my PC specs:
ASUS P6TD Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7-930
CORSAIR Vengeance 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
I just replaced my old GTX 660 with a XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB. I had a hell of a time getting it to work in the first place. After getting to desktop, it would freeze after about 2 minutes and need a hard reset. I switched back to the GTX 660 and it still worked fine. In the end, I used a different PCI-E slot and it worked.
Ran great for 4 days until today I went to install software for a USB Bluetooth adapter. Halfway through install it freezes, similar to how it did originally. After a hard reset it has no signal. I put the GTX 660 back in and it runs fine. The software actually finished installing. It was only a video freeze.
After some research I've seen that it could be an incompatibility issue with the motherboard, so I updated the BIOS to the latest with no success. But if that was the problem, why did it work for a while?
I've been thinking of upgrading my motherboard and CPU anyway. Should I pull the trigger on that? Is it just a faulty card? Any ideas?

Guy Incognitus

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

No other computer available. I did a full uninstall of the driver using Guru3D's utility and tried again. Still nothing. The screen doesn't even turn on with the new card so I doubt it's software.

Guy Incognitus

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

Should i install the driver before the card? Otherwise there's no way to try different drivers.