Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits 0x00000050 BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA). Can't find the cause.

A few weeks ago I clean-installed Windows 7 Ult 64 in the following rig for a customer:

Athlon X2 7750
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
2GB DDR2 (I later added another 2, first it was 1x2GB+2x1GB, later 2x2GB)
200GB IDE HDD
XFX GeForce 8500 1GB

The installation went flawlessly, I think I got a BSOD long after the installation finished but I couldn't get the error code and I just rebooted the system and everything went fine, I turned on and off the system several times during the week as I was installing all the programs, I never had an issue during this steps. When I finished, I turned off and unplugged the system until the customer called me to install the computer in his shop. When I connected everything there the BSOD (0x00000050) was there... So I took the computer back to my place, I connected everything and the machine started, no BSOD at all, it started perfectly (Of course, it generated a dump file).
I changed the (1x2GB+2x1GB) config for a 2x2GB (Slots 1 and 2) that I knew it worked fine thinking that possibly the memory was faulty. It all went OK, it survived a few passes of memtest with no errors.

Today I returned the computer to my client, it worked with no issues for a few hours. I turned off the computer and the PSU to install another (second) HDD... powered up, BSOD again, 0x00000050.
I was able to boot it up again with one stick, and then connected the second stick, now occupying the first and third slot, it all worked again, of course, I didn't unplug or turned off the PSU, so the mobo was reciving electricity all the time. The computer worked flawlessly again, I even turned it on and off and reboot it a couple of times just to check it.

With the error popping up so inconsistently I don't know exactly what to do here... I hope it is just the slot 2 bugging around and nothing more serious than that, since the error goes away as randomly as it shows up, as I said, the first time I got the computer to my place to check it, the computer booted up without issues.

I'm attaching the dump files it generated, can anyone help me to pinpoint the cause of the BSOD? Could it be the graphics card VRAM? I can't a health report or sysnative files because I don't have access to the computer right now.

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/j9ftzyD7/file.html
5 answers Last reply
More about windows ultimate 64bits 0x00000050 bsod page fault nonpaged area find
  1. put the file on a server like microsoft onedrive, or any service that does not try to trick you into installing malware. .08 MB will not be a proper memory dump anyway

    leito361 said:
    A few weeks ago I clean-installed Windows 7 Ult 64 in the following rig for a customer:

    Athlon X2 7750
    MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
    2GB DDR2 (I later added another 2, first it was 1x2GB+2x1GB, later 2x2GB)
    200GB IDE HDD
    XFX GeForce 8500 1GB

    The installation went flawlessly, I think I got a BSOD long after the installation finished but I couldn't get the error code and I just rebooted the system and everything went fine, I turned on and off the system several times during the week as I was installing all the programs, I never had an issue during this steps. When I finished, I turned off and unplugged the system until the customer called me to install the computer in his shop. When I connected everything there the BSOD (0x00000050) was there... So I took the computer back to my place, I connected everything and the machine started, no BSOD at all, it started perfectly (Of course, it generated a dump file).
    I changed the (1x2GB+2x1GB) config for a 2x2GB (Slots 1 and 2) that I knew it worked fine thinking that possibly the memory was faulty. It all went OK, it survived a few passes of memtest with no errors.

    Today I returned the computer to my client, it worked with no issues for a few hours. I turned off the computer and the PSU to install another (second) HDD... powered up, BSOD again, 0x00000050.
    I was able to boot it up again with one stick, and then connected the second stick, now occupying the first and third slot, it all worked again, of course, I didn't unplug or turned off the PSU, so the mobo was reciving electricity all the time. The computer worked flawlessly again, I even turned it on and off and reboot it a couple of times just to check it.

    With the error popping up so inconsistently I don't know exactly what to do here... I hope it is just the slot 2 bugging around and nothing more serious than that, since the error goes away as randomly as it shows up, as I said, the first time I got the computer to my place to check it, the computer booted up without issues.

    I'm attaching the dump files it generated, can anyone help me to pinpoint the cause of the BSOD? Could it be the graphics card VRAM? I can't a health report or sysnative files because I don't have access to the computer right now.

    http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/j9ftzyD7/file.html
  2. Try these options
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/blue-screen-0x00000050-pagefaultinnonpagedarea/7bec0307-d1a9-4d10-be06-a06c45d1a6b2

    As per the specs I could see your PC is old, probably due to aging of the components you are noticing unexpected errors, I advice you to clean the whole pc and assemble all with all new cables as possible, and try
  3. johnbl said:
    put the file on a server like microsoft onedrive, or any service that does not try to trick you into installing malware. .08 MB will not be a proper memory dump anyway


    Then point me to a site where I can upload the files without the need to create an account to use the service, also .08 es the size of 5 memory dumps compressed, not just one, take a look:

    http://imgur.com/a/ZuAcJ
  4. As you point out this is usually a hardware memory error. Looks like you swapped the ram out already, but it could be the hard drive. You could try disabling the page file (virtual memory) and see if the issue goes anyway (not a permanent solution).

    You get this error when the OS goes to read information from memory (stored on pages) and it can't find it, or is unable to read it.
  5. Lee-m said:
    As you point out this is usually a hardware memory error. Looks like you swapped the ram out already, but it could be the hard drive. You could try disabling the page file (virtual memory) and see if the issue goes anyway (not a permanent solution).

    You get this error when the OS goes to read information from memory (stored on pages) and it can't find it, or is unable to read it.


    Someone on Hardforum told me it could be related to the nForce chipset and its poor drivers... anyway, I just change the motherboard and all went perfectly... the old motherboard the MSI one is happily running Linux now, with no issues, so that settles it then... I'm almost sure it was a driver related problem with the nforce chipset.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Blue Screen