Should I OC my 6300? What Voltage would you recommend?

TavoUltraGamer

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Hey, I have a FX6300 since December 2015, I changed the stock cooler a week before, for a CoolerMaster TX3 (It`s basicly a Hyper 212 EVO).

*Temp got like 10C lower (Ambient temp goes like 18c-25c MAX), for example, in GTA V High settings, my cpu heats about 32c-40c (It was 48-54 before the TX3) and 20-25 on idle (Used to be 25-33) (Skype, Chrome, Steam...)
So I was Wondering if I should overclock, I already get 60fps at high on GTAV and BF1, but with some laggy moments when there are a lot of npc`s or players in the map.

*However, I`ve read in the internet that some programs or Motherboards are discalibrated so they read incorrect temps, I have an Asus M5a97LE R2.0 and I use MSI Afterburner, what do you think?

*I have to say that my cpu is working like the same day I bought it, and I can play 70% of games at HIGHGraphics-60fps (Except Ubisoft games)

*Also I`m not planning to get a new cpu soon,

So:

-OC and get better performance in upcomming games?
-Or staying with good temps could make my cpu last longer(At least a year)?
-If I OC what GH/z and voltages would you recommend?

Solution
You can try overclocking but your motherboard has very weak VRM'S (cpu voltage regulation) and you will likely run into throttling issues. Every cpu and motherboard is different, so find a guide and just try 100Mhz at a time and see how you get on.
You can try overclocking but your motherboard has very weak VRM'S (cpu voltage regulation) and you will likely run into throttling issues. Every cpu and motherboard is different, so find a guide and just try 100Mhz at a time and see how you get on.

Solution