AMD A10-7700k
Cryorig M9
Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-S1
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
Seagate 250GB + 500GB HDD
FSP Hexa+ 550
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Cooler Master K280

I'm aware that the R7 240 is the best (and only) option if I want to go activate dual-graphics, but I want a discrete GPU for more power and performance.

What is the best GPU in the $100-150 range that won't bottleneck my CPU? I play LOL, CSGO, and stream, download, & watch HD videos & movies.

Thank you!

Solution
Why do you even need a discrete GPU then? That APU should be perfectly capable of doing all the things you described. You'd be severely limited in CSGO and LOL anyways in terms of frame rates if you got a GPU, so if that's all you play I'd just turn down the settings a bit and use the APU. Those types of games are what it was made for. For what it's worth, next time I would advise against spending any more money on an old platform with no upgrade path.
I'm not sure what your hopes are, but streaming games on an A10 7700k is pretty ambitious. That processor is far less than adequate and you can't even use intel's quicksync feature to leverage the iGPU. The best GPUs in that range are the RX 480 or RX 470 4GB versions, depending on whether you're including taxes and rebates in that budget. If you want to stream semi-seriously, I would very highly suggest waiting a couple weeks for Ryzen 5 and getting a 1600X.

jm05b

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2014

I am not actually into streaming games. What I meant was streaming videos. I am not planning on getting the Ryzen 5 anytime soon, as I just got the 7700k a couple weeks ago, which I considered an upgrade from my old A4 5300.

Why do you even need a discrete GPU then? That APU should be perfectly capable of doing all the things you described. You'd be severely limited in CSGO and LOL anyways in terms of frame rates if you got a GPU, so if that's all you play I'd just turn down the settings a bit and use the APU. Those types of games are what it was made for. For what it's worth, next time I would advise against spending any more money on an old platform with no upgrade path.

Solution