Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015
so my build is
i3 6100
his rx 470 4g
msi b150 pro vh
2x4gb ram
vs450 watt

so, the stock freq is 1255mhz 1100mv, I was overclocked to 1400 1380 and cause unstable and restart on furmark

but finally I managed to get a stable oc at 1350mhz 1175mv 15% power limit

but, I just tested furmark and pc get restarted even on stock settings
temp is below 80c

does that 0.075v really can damage my gpu?

I always use wattman never use any others

this gpu is new, just bought it about 1-2 months

Solution
you wont damage the gpu it will just crash or black screen you etc if you push it too high

and modern cards only allow adding a very small amount of voltage with out a modded bios or hardware mod

Crixilian

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015

thx
the memory stock freq is 1750,I was trying to overclock the memory as well to 1900 2000 2100 and yeah, it is unstable then getting artifact and restart
I was tried 1380 and 1400 core clock without increasing voltage, just increase the power limit, on heaven benchmark is stable, so think the overclocking is stable, then just go gaming and on that game is running fine/stable
but, later I run furmark it cause restart

I just read someone say, overclocking gpu without increase voltage is danger, because it is pushing the gpu too hard cuz have not enough voltage

but, I read someone say, dangerous of overclocking is only too much heat and/or voltage
even someone said, he/she is overclocking gpu at stock power and voltage

I'm really new on overclocking, this is my first time overclocking stuff, because I was read someone say, wattman is really safe to use, because too high voltage will damage gpu, so wattman not allowed that happen by capped only at 1.175v of 1.1v

so, on my previous overclocking settings which was unstable, does they really damage my gpu?
and gaming on 1400mhz (that was not really a stable overclock but it got stable on that game), can it damage my gpu?

Crixilian

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015

thx

Crixilian

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015

but, I have 1 more question
I use windows 7, actually I was running furmark, then I trying to run gpu-z or hwinfo will need administration permission which will cause screen dim when asking for permission, after I choose yes or no, it restart
so I think the idea is, it restart when it got overhelming graphics

so, does it should be happen? I don't think it should be happen, because good gpu should be not be restart when stress even overhelming graphics
but, I'm no expert, maybe there is other reason cause that happen

sorry for many questions, but I just want to make sure this unit is really manufacture damaged or natural