1080 ti: ASUS ROG Strix or EVGA FTW

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Through some previous very helpful posts I've made, I've narrowed it down to the ASUS ROG Strix 1080 ti and the EVGA FTW 1080 ti. Sorry if I respond late and thank you in advanced if I personally forget to do so!

Solution
Kinda same <mod edit> really, tbh - all these cards differentiate by like 1-2% here and there and 2 degrees here and there for top picks for either company.

Whatever floats your boat really, although I'd be wary of EVGA with 1080s they had exploding. I have no doubt they fixed their <mod edit>, but it was a thing and such wounds heal slowly.

Bonus points for ASUS is that backplate has holes for power phases to let heat escape, but again, that's pretty much a negligible difference kind of thing.

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Any huge differences in cooling between the two? That's the only thing I'm looking at now with the two cards

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Why the EVGA FTW over the ASUS ROG Strix in your opinion?

Imo (many might disagree) I like the EVGA Ftw more in looks than the ROG Strix cards. Also I've heard EVGA has better customer support. And again not much performance difference.

Gaidax

Distinguished
Kinda same <mod edit> really, tbh - all these cards differentiate by like 1-2% here and there and 2 degrees here and there for top picks for either company.

Whatever floats your boat really, although I'd be wary of EVGA with 1080s they had exploding. I have no doubt they fixed their <mod edit>, but it was a thing and such wounds heal slowly.

Bonus points for ASUS is that backplate has holes for power phases to let heat escape, but again, that's pretty much a negligible difference kind of thing.

Solution

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Gotcha, thanks for the opinion!

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Alright, thanks for the info!

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Seeing a lot of people saying so, leaning on the ASUS ROG Strix, thanks for the info!