Is i5 6500 with 1050ti card Good for video editing/gamng/rendering? or should i go for an i7 6700k

jvescasinas

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
I am about to buiild a video edting/rendering/light gaming pc build with a budget of 600$

i was thinking of getting an i7 and no graphics card (yet, but when i get the budget i will buy)
or i5 6500 with 1050ti graphics card.

which should I pick?

Solution
This is something you can only really answer. Of course the i7 will be much better for Rendering but it depends how long you would be waiting for a Graphics Card and whether or not you are okay with waiting that time without a capable Gaming PC. Integrated graphics on the i7 could do games on Low settings for a bit if you do take that route. If you do stick with the i5 6500 + GPU i suggest you strongly consider the RX 470, it offers 30%+ more Performance for usually ~$20 more. It just comes down to whether or not you want to get the i7 and tolerate lighter gaming now or just go straight for the full build now. Hope this helps :)

jvescasinas

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

Im sorry, What I meant was if I should get i7 with intergrated graphics and soon i would get enough money for a graphics card for the i7
or
i5 with 1050ti graphics card because I have a tight budget and I want a video editing and light gaming pc

No problem, in that case go with the i7 without a GPU. For rendering it will do absolutely fine. And the i7's integrated graphics will allow you to do some light gaming before you can get a graphics card.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
This is something you can only really answer. Of course the i7 will be much better for Rendering but it depends how long you would be waiting for a Graphics Card and whether or not you are okay with waiting that time without a capable Gaming PC. Integrated graphics on the i7 could do games on Low settings for a bit if you do take that route. If you do stick with the i5 6500 + GPU i suggest you strongly consider the RX 470, it offers 30%+ more Performance for usually ~$20 more. It just comes down to whether or not you want to get the i7 and tolerate lighter gaming now or just go straight for the full build now. Hope this helps :)

Solution