Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
These are my PC Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Ram : 16 GB
CPU : i5-4440
GPU : GTX 970 Zotac
PSU : 500W

So i'm planning on upgrading my CPU for Streaming and Video Editing.
As my CPU can't stream using x264 and the GPU is taking load for streaming and Running the games which results me in running most games on medium, where as i should be able to run them at high or +

So which CPU is better, i've heard someone say my MOBO can't overclock the i7 4790K
is it True? And what would you guys suggest.
As i can't build a new RIG until 2 more years. Will this Upgrade let me stream ( given that i lower my settings with time) for about 2 years?

Solution

Hard to say, depends on the kind of gaming you do. You should still be able to get some life out of it if you stick to 1080p resolution and moderate detail levels.

BadBoyGreek

Distinguished
Since your mobo isn't for OC'ing and you're planning on sticking with the build for at least 2 more years, I'd recommend the 4790k. 10% higher base / turbo clocks on the k version and the price difference nowadays between the two should be less than $30. Well worth going for the k version.

WackDance

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Also do you think the GTX 970 will Last for the Next 2 years?

BadBoyGreek

Distinguished

Hard to say, depends on the kind of gaming you do. You should still be able to get some life out of it if you stick to 1080p resolution and moderate detail levels.

Solution