i7 7700 non K running hot?

franches

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2014
Alright , so I own an 7700 non K, with an CM 212x slapped on it. It runs quiet. Problem is the temps. It idles between 25-30 degrees and under load goes into the 60-72 mark. Running hot or not? Asking since I dont want to take any chances. Its almost brand new, got it since february. Running with the stock paste that CM gave me.

Solution
All I'm saying is that a max CPU temp of 72 is totally safe. But if you want to lower temps, you could:
-Get different thermal paste (probably won't make more than a few degrees difference)
-Adjust fan profile
-Try undervolting (not sure if all mobos allow this)

franches

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2014

Playing some CPU intensive games. Didnt test anything with primemark yet and I made sure to check my temps trough coretemp. I know the 7700ks get hot. but this is a 65 tdp cpu we are talking about

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
All I'm saying is that a max CPU temp of 72 is totally safe. But if you want to lower temps, you could:
-Get different thermal paste (probably won't make more than a few degrees difference)
-Adjust fan profile
-Try undervolting (not sure if all mobos allow this)

Solution

franches

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2014

Alright thanks, thats fine. I own an 3470 that goes up to same temps. Just wanted to ask. Well thank you, didnt want to take any chances with this chip.