will the rx 480 fit my mobo?

usmanasghar

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
Solution
The GPU will definitely reach WAY past that point. However, there should be clearance between the motherboard and the GPU. As long as that button isn't taller than the actually PCI-e slot itself, it is impossible for it to come in contact with the gpu.

Here is how the RX 480 will look from the side that shows the pins for the slot: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/000039ada/a8d2_orh400w600/amd-radeon-rx-485.jpg

You can also bend your cables down if you are worried about those getting in the way. Just make sure to allow enough slack so they don't end up getting pulled out.

LowlySkeleton

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
As long as the motherboard has a PCI-e, it will generally work. Though you might want to watch out for which gen PCI-e is on the board, as you might get less bandwidth from the gpu than advertised.

You might also want to know how long a gpu you can physically bit in your case. Also, I feel like 8GB vram is a little overkill on your system, unless you are wanting a multimonitor setup or gaming at 4K resolutions. Might do well to save that little extra to add in a SSD.

usmanasghar

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

thnx for the quick reply man..also I updated my post and added the image of my mobo..the thing is..i just wanna know if it will physically fit in...the problem is..if I buy the card..once its out of the box..it cannot be returned..so I have to make sure..the pcie is 2.0 btw..also I can go for 4 gb models too..my main concern are the dimensions..

LowlySkeleton

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
As I have said, it will work. Gpus use PCI-E x16 slots; the long PCIe slot that is colored black/white and has a little plastic tab on the ends. Fitting into the slot itself is not an issue.

What might be an issue is if the actually gpu itself can fit inside your pc case. Sometimes the drive bays will get in way and not allow certain length of gpu card. As well, I think the heatsink will get in the way of putting the card into the white slot so it will probably be installed into the black PCI-e slot.

usmanasghar

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

the casing is fine..well clear of the slots..My only concern are the highlighted parts in this pic:
http://imgur.com/a/z0YYx

sata cables not so much..the cable with that yellow button is my main concern..do you think it will reach till that point?
Really appreciate your help man

LowlySkeleton

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
The GPU will definitely reach WAY past that point. However, there should be clearance between the motherboard and the GPU. As long as that button isn't taller than the actually PCI-e slot itself, it is impossible for it to come in contact with the gpu.

Here is how the RX 480 will look from the side that shows the pins for the slot: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/000039ada/a8d2_orh400w600/amd-radeon-rx-485.jpg

You can also bend your cables down if you are worried about those getting in the way. Just make sure to allow enough slack so they don't end up getting pulled out.

Solution

usmanasghar

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

Thanks Bruv..