Would the new 580 play games on 1440p?

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hey guys,

Its getting time for me to consider upgrading my PC, and I wanted to know if the new 580 GPU would be enough to play most games on the highest settings at 1440p, or if I should wait for vega? While I definitely need to get a new PC upgrade, I could probably stand to wait a month or two if the 580 won't cut it for my needs.

Does anyone know if I would be good or not?

Solution
Yes the RX580 is able to play current generation games at 1440p with the highest graphic settings. But at future games one year from now it may struggle and you'll need to lower the graphic levels. You should also take a look at this review =>http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-580-review,5020.html

Finally you should consider getting the 8GB version if you want to game at 1440p. Also more VRAM makes the graphics card more future proof. Good luck.
Yes the RX580 is able to play current generation games at 1440p with the highest graphic settings. But at future games one year from now it may struggle and you'll need to lower the graphic levels. You should also take a look at this review =>http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-580-review,5020.html

Finally you should consider getting the 8GB version if you want to game at 1440p. Also more VRAM makes the graphics card more future proof. Good luck.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

it is just a better rx 480, so the answer is not very well

the gtx 1070 is what you want for 1440p

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Thank you, I appreciate it! However, after reviewing further, I think I am going to put any purchase on hold and wait to see what the Vega performs. If Vega can do well in 4K gaming (I have a 4K TV that I wouldn't mind hooking a PC up too and playing games on) then its a go. If not, then I am going with an ultra wide 1080p Monitor and going for the 580 for a couple of years.

I feel like 1440p won't remain in vogue for long when 4K becomes more mainstream, and I do enjoy playing a lot of older games (which I hear looks much worse on a 1440p monitor). Thanks for the advice though!