FX 6300 Overclock question !

SAN1TY

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Hello! So I got gtx 1060 6gb and I want to OC my CPU a little bit to reduce the bottleneck, but when I searched about my mobo overclock abilities I saw that its sucks. 2 Days later I went to 3dmark and I saw this --> http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11186809 same cpu and same mobo on 4.6.
So Can I overclock to 4.5 my cpu with coolermaster 212x and this mobo ?

Solution
While your motherboard can overclock it's more of a matter of how well it can overclock. But you can overclock nonetheless. You can do this manually by going into the bios. Start with just bumping the multiplier by increments of 5 and running prime for an hour to see if it starts to become unstable. When it does you back off on the multiplier. Use hwmonitor to keep an eye on the temps while doing this. If you are using a stock cooler you won't get very far. And if you reach the max overclock and feel that it's not good enough then you can start raising voltages on the cpu in order to try and get a little more in the multiplier.

BUT BE WARNED! Raising the voltage adds more heat to the mix and pumps more power through the board and your...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
While your motherboard can overclock it's more of a matter of how well it can overclock. But you can overclock nonetheless. You can do this manually by going into the bios. Start with just bumping the multiplier by increments of 5 and running prime for an hour to see if it starts to become unstable. When it does you back off on the multiplier. Use hwmonitor to keep an eye on the temps while doing this. If you are using a stock cooler you won't get very far. And if you reach the max overclock and feel that it's not good enough then you can start raising voltages on the cpu in order to try and get a little more in the multiplier.

BUT BE WARNED! Raising the voltage adds more heat to the mix and pumps more power through the board and your board is kind of on the low end so it might not take it well. Proceed with the utmost caution and try not to fry your board or chip and good luck. If you want a detailed overclock guide to help you through the process there are tons of them out there including here. If you are new to overclocking keep on mind that this process is not for the impatient. You bump the numbers by a little bit then run your stress test for 1-2 hours rinse and repeat until you find that sweet spot.

Solution

SAN1TY

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

Last question. Is it worthed to risk this crappy mobo to OC the fx 6300 to reduce the bottleneck (gpu : GTX 1060 6GB)