Is 512 GB enough for gaming

Patrik_01

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
I am buying the new HP omen w273nr gaming laptop when I accidentally see that it only contains a 512 GB SSD. Is that enough for gaming? It's the newest model with i7 7700hq, 16 GB DDR4 Ram and GTX 1070 8gb , gddr5 and it's only 1.699$? Just curious if 512gb is enough for gaming? (Battlefield 1, Skyrim, Witcher 3, cod bo 3...)

Solution
Can this laptop take a 2nd HD? If so, let the first HD be your OS and 3rd party installations, the 2nd HD contain your data folders and files, including your saved games and etc. If it cannot take a 2nd HD -- then I don't know the answer because I have never been a game person.
Actually, more important -- make routine full image backups, rotating 2 or 3 images, of your 512GB HD onto affordable and reliable external HD. You would not want to lose your first place as a general in Battlefield One due to a sudden Data loss. A quick restore and you're a general again :)

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Can this laptop take a 2nd HD? If so, let the first HD be your OS and 3rd party installations, the 2nd HD contain your data folders and files, including your saved games and etc. If it cannot take a 2nd HD -- then I don't know the answer because I have never been a game person.
Actually, more important -- make routine full image backups, rotating 2 or 3 images, of your 512GB HD onto affordable and reliable external HD. You would not want to lose your first place as a general in Battlefield One due to a sudden Data loss. A quick restore and you're a general again :)

Solution