[i5 7500 igpu] vs [G4560 with dgpu GX 750ti] for Photoshop/ Illustrator/ Premier

davidmanzanilla

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
Hey guys, I'm wondering what CPU would do better performance for my built PC for design software. The i5 7500 w/o dpgu or a Pentium G4560 w/ GX 750ti.

It's a strange comparison but my budget does not allow me at the moment to go for a i57500 w a dpgu.

My PC at work has an i5 6600 + 12 RAM without dpgu and does not performs as I would expect and that's where my questions relies on: is an i5 7500 with the igpu by itself a good option or the G4560 with a great Dpgu would do a better combo for my specifics need?

Thanks!

Solution
I have a smimilar pipeline at work, i use PS, AI, and AE, ideally you would want lots of cores for rendering (premiere or AE) and a discrete graphics card, now photoshop requires a dedicated 2Gb graphics card in order to run all the effects and options available to the software, you can still use photoshop with the igpu, but some options wont be available for you. Now you have to think what sofware you need to run better for your work because rendering videos in premier would get pretty slow on a dual core cpu.

If it was me i would go for the i5 and wait a few 3 - 6 months and get a gpu probably a gtx 950-1050.

Have you checked prices and the posibility of going AMD ryzen? there you can probably get a better deal more cores and the...

Rakanyshu

Distinguished
I have a smimilar pipeline at work, i use PS, AI, and AE, ideally you would want lots of cores for rendering (premiere or AE) and a discrete graphics card, now photoshop requires a dedicated 2Gb graphics card in order to run all the effects and options available to the software, you can still use photoshop with the igpu, but some options wont be available for you. Now you have to think what sofware you need to run better for your work because rendering videos in premier would get pretty slow on a dual core cpu.

If it was me i would go for the i5 and wait a few 3 - 6 months and get a gpu probably a gtx 950-1050.

Have you checked prices and the posibility of going AMD ryzen? there you can probably get a better deal more cores and the posible dedicated gpu.

maybe you can tell your budget and we could put a build on pc partpicker...

Solution

Arc911

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

You will benefit hugely with a dgpu(50% better performance than igpu) but at the same time g4560 wont cut it,
but given ur constraints id go with g4560 and dgpu , but again think of upgrading maybe to the upcoming ryzen 3 quadcores at least.

cheers !