I7 4790 with ddr3 2400mhz

Solution

As I said, You take a risk with OC RAM. If you have Bios experience and are prepared to Tweak your Primary Timings and Voltage then you may have success but no guarantee.
If you have continuing issues to get them to the rated speed then return them for 1600MHz RAM. Check you can return them before you buy as some retailers will refuse the return.
There is not a great deal of difference in performance when playing games anyhow. Marginal performance increases when benchmarking but that's it.

Hi ghavier :)

The i7-4790 officially supports DDR3-1333/1600 therefore 2400MHz is considered an OC.

With OC RAM you take a chance that the IMC on the chip would recognize any XMP profile you may have and it may need Bios intervention to set your SPD info correctly.
There would be no harm done but with OC RAM there is no guarantee they will work out of the box and would probably default to 1600MHz.

ghavier

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
MeanMachine41. Thanks! The mother is Asrock mz97-m anniversary and memories ddr3 2400 mhz corsair vengeance pro. But the ram doesn't appears in the compatibilty list. But, is dd3 2400. It will be a problem? Thaks for your Answers man!

Nonpossible

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2015

It will not be a problem. The motherboard will simply clock it down from 2400 to 1600. Really not a big deal.

As I said, You take a risk with OC RAM. If you have Bios experience and are prepared to Tweak your Primary Timings and Voltage then you may have success but no guarantee.
If you have continuing issues to get them to the rated speed then return them for 1600MHz RAM. Check you can return them before you buy as some retailers will refuse the return.
There is not a great deal of difference in performance when playing games anyhow. Marginal performance increases when benchmarking but that's it.

Solution