Is an I5-6500 and gtx 1060 3 gb enough for gaming 1080 at 60 fps?

Madara_4

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys im planning on building a pc with these specs :

I5-6500

Gigabyte GA-H110M-H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Kingston FURY 4GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Asus Gtx1060 3072MB 192bit DDR5 Dual

Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair VS 650W ATX Power Supply

Is this enough for 1080 gaming at 60 fps? And do are the parts compatible? And is the PSU a bit of overkill bec. im planning this for future use too. Sorry im still new to this whole pc building stuff. Thanks a bunch!

Solution
don't buy the 1060 3 gbs, buy the 6 gbs, it is faster and has more ram, that is necesary, more games use now more than 3 gbs of vram, so 3 is too little now

any ssd? i buy western digital and toshiba, not seagate

the rest looks decent enough

consider if budget allows, to get 16 gbs of ram, some games will like that alot

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
don't buy the 1060 3 gbs, buy the 6 gbs, it is faster and has more ram, that is necesary, more games use now more than 3 gbs of vram, so 3 is too little now

any ssd? i buy western digital and toshiba, not seagate

the rest looks decent enough

consider if budget allows, to get 16 gbs of ram, some games will like that alot

Solution
the units is good. it always better to oversize the power supply then have in under sized. the newer nvidia gpu are good cards and you should be able to play a lot of games at 60 frames. there may be a few games that you might need to turn the eye candy down to get to 60 frames.

Madara_4

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

I was planning on using my old hard disk / drive and add another hard drive / disk for more memory. I was told that you dont need to install all the drivers again (Except for new ones) and you don't need to re-download your games and such. Is that true?

Madara_4

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

I play CPU intensive games. Like : AC UNITY & SYNDICATE, Watch dogs 2, GTA V, etc...

Madara_4

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Ok thanks

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
anyway, remember to make backups of everything, steam itself can generate a backup of the games you have, in the form of a installer for these cases, do a search on their forums for the exact step by step

this procedure takes time and lots of space in a harrd disk, so if you do it this way, do it at night and let the pc running all night doing it and remember to have storage space to keep the files

you can do 1080p gaming @ 60Hz. You may need to run medium - high graphics settings instead of high - ultra settings though, especially with some games that choke on graphics memory < 3.5GB/4GB. Note that the 1060 3GB is crippled compared to the 1060 6GB (They're not the exact same GPU)... I'd personally go for the RX-570 over the 1060 3GB any day of the week.

Do yourself a favor though and ditch that Corsair VS PSU, it is one of their worst models especially for a performance system. You can use a CXM (NOT the Builder Series though) if you stick with Corsair, otherwise a B2, B3, G2, or G3 series EVGA SuperNova or Seasonic PSU will work well too.

changing the motherboard and CPU may require a reinstall of Windows, plus reactivation. Win10 may automatically reactivate if you're already using it and are using at least the Anniversary Edition.

Madara_4

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Hey, RX-570 is not yet available on our country sadly (I'm from Philippines) And PC compoments are kinda expensive here so im on a tight budget. :3