i have 100% cpu usage for no reasons

Lukan

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Last 2 days i have issue of 100% cpu usage in any game and fps drops like i have 90fps in gta v and it drops on 10fps and then after 1-2 sec all is normal.
I have check i have no viruses.
Pc specs
Cpu:intel i5 6600
GPU:Asus gtx 1060
Ram:8gb ddr4 2133mhz hyperx
mb:gigabyte ga-b250m-d3h
psu:600w
HDD: wd blue 1tb
SSD: kingstone 120gb
There is no way that cpu can bottleneck...
Please answer me this problem makes me worried
*Update
I search for viruses and i removed 2 pop's
1) POP.optional.InstallCore
2)POP.optional.OpenCandy

st3v30

Admirable
Depending on the game, i5 can get maxed out 100% with even GTX 1060 and GTA V is one of those games that will eat i5 even with mid tier GPU.
IF you are getting 100% usage when you are on Desktop in idle well there is another problem lurking in the background.

Hi,
Usually I see this problem with windows update on windows 7 when it is corrupted or downloading a big update.
Open up task manager to see if something is hogging the cpu / ram.

The next thing to get into overheating. Download HWmonitor and check you cpu/gpu temps

The next thing could be your hard drive having issues.
Download Hard disk sentinel trial to see if your hard drive is in good health.

The last thing could be your psu having problems, You need to test with known working psu. So do that last.
What brand is your psu ?
Good luck

Lukan

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

cpu and gpu temps are all right no problems , how can i check if my psu is right?
Thank you for helping me

Lukan

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Buth 3 days before it was all right no lag no frame drops no 100 cpu usage...

Lukan

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

No it happen in any game that i play now i saw that my gpu act same :ouch: .
Here is some example from cs go i play cs go at 300 fps and somehow it drops to 10 fps or less and come back after 1-3 seconds. That confuse me sooo much.... And worst of all that is not happening from start :??: It's from 3 days ago...Someone please help meeee :heink: