A8 7600 APU mediacenter minimal OC

mStuff

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have been running my Linux media center with an A8 7600 and its' integrated graphics and it works great.
Though I have noticed at times when I watch 1080p 60fps streams on twitch all cores are hovering around 60-100 % usage dropping 1-2 frames ever 1-5 seconds. Sometimes, I expect as background processes activate, I will get a stutter for about half a second.
I may be right on the edge of what the A8 7600 is able to do, though temperatures lie around 40 degrees C during heavy load, so I would expect minimal overclocking/turbo mode through BIOS to be possible.
I have an ASUS A88XM-E motherboard, and the settings I can see in Ai Overclocking Tuner manual setting are APU frequency (default 100) and APU multiplier (default auto). Which of these values can I change to get maybe a 5-10% overclock?

Thanks!

NateTech

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
Hello!

In the AI Overclocking Tuner you can set that to manual, and from there you can set the APU frequency higher. 100 Mhz is a decent overclock but you should be able to get more out of that by turning up the APU frequency, and turning up the voltage as well. I'd run the APU through some intensive tasks (Gaming, Benchmarking) after you attempt an overclock to check for stability.

Hope this was of some help!
:)

- Nate of Ralleon Custom Built

mStuff

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hi Nate!

I will do some experimentation.

What does the 'Auto' setting of Ai Overclocking Tuner actually do? Does it underclock the APU dynamically when the system is idle and will setting it to manual force it to operate at a constant frequency?

Thanks for the reply!