Nov 23, 2016
First, my system specs:
FX 6300
16GBKingston HyperX DDR3
Asus M5A78LM USB3+
AOC E2352Phz 1920X1080 Display
Windows 10 X64 Creators Update

Issue:
I was using a GTX 970 until yesterday. I am about to upgrade to Ryzen so I ordered an MSI RX 580 Gaming 8GB GPU. I know its pretty much a lateral move but yeah, just wanted the peace of mind of having 8GB VRAM (considering I am a heavy gamer)

So I used DDU to remove all NVIDIA drivers today, installed the new GPU and plugged in everything. Ran fine. LED's Blinked up. Connected the monitor and voila...no signal on the HDMI cable. Took out the HDMI, connected DVI and display came back on. Installed all the drivers.

I thought well, the HDMI should be working fine now.So I pushed back the HDMI and immediately the Screen resolution changed to 640X480, with the option to change the Res greyed out. I tried a lot of tinkering on the Radeon ReLive software but nothing happened. The screen res stayed fixed at 640X480. Checked MSI Afterburner and the GPU useage was 0%. Almost felt like the HDMI wasn't using the GPU at all. Pushed the DVI back in, and voila...back to 1920X1080 immediately.

So is there an issue with the GPU? Because if there is, it will be hard for me to send it back and stuff (Got it from newegg, I am from India. Will have to ship it personally. Also no International Warranty. I checked that.) Or is it an HDMI cable issue?

(FYI - Tested a lot of games on DVI. Witcher 3, Overwatch, Outlast 2, Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2, Gears of War 4. Stable performance of 40-60fps. No issues at all)

Can anyone please help?

Koustav

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016

OMFG worked. Hooooly!!!!! Thanks a lot man. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.