Two 1080 ti FE 4k Bad screen tearing with triple Acer B286HK 60hz refresh via Displayport

Aortiz268

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Hi guys new to this forum i have been searching for an answer. Before i toss out these monitors in frustration, I'd like to see if anyone could help me out or has experienced this before. i used my monitors for work, movies and occasional gaming. I wanted the 4k to have the ability to fit more things on the monitor for muti-tasking. I render a lot of pictures as well. so i have a 5960x with dual 1080ti FE cards 64gb ram, on a rampage v motherboard. everything is water cooled, I have 3 Acer B286HK 4k monitors all connected via display port with fusion 4k cables 60hz refresh rate. i get some bad tearing the cards are bridge sli with the MSI bridge. I thought with all my hardware i wouldn't have this much tearing. Example when i move chrome from one monitor to the other it stutters a lot. it looks horrible and the refresh looks so slow. is there any setting i can do to improve am i explaining my problem correctly? should i just toss them and get 3 2k 144hz gsync monitors.

Solution
Right click on the desktop , and select Nvidia Control Panel.
On the left side, select Manage 3D settings
Then under the Global Settings tab, scroll down to Vertical Sync, and set that to Adaptive.Click Apply.
Also please make sure both of them are at 60hz in resolution settings.

amdrx480

Respectable
Jan 15, 2017
Right click on the desktop , and select Nvidia Control Panel.
On the left side, select Manage 3D settings
Then under the Global Settings tab, scroll down to Vertical Sync, and set that to Adaptive.Click Apply.
Also please make sure both of them are at 60hz in resolution settings.

Solution

Aortiz268

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
it seems to have improved and its no where near as laggy as it was before thank you very much i guess having 3 4k monitors is not really worth it even with my hardware thank you very much amdrx480

TRENDING THREADS