around 200 fps on csgo with rx 480 8gb is it normal ?

xauke

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
i have i7 3770 3.4 ghz and 8 gb ram and just bought a rx 480 and installed fresh window 10

im getting around 200 fps on csgo with everything maxed but the game is kinda like not laggy but it kind of freezes for like 0.2 sec or something or if i get naded in face or something or in a sitution where a lot of things is forcing my gpu or something it kinda feels like something is slowing my gpu from working normally and another problem is that when i play on 1920-1080 i get decent 150-250 fps but still have that problem and when i play on 1280-1024 i actually never reach more than 200 fps if i put everything low it even gets worst i get like 100 fps

Solution
Sounds, like microstuttering, not something I haven't experienced before. May I ask for your monitors refresh rate? A frequent fix is to go into the .ini files and (if your monitor is for example 144hz) change the fps_max to 288. If that doesnt work, change it to 0 ad see what happens

Does your monitor have a 1ms response?

Make sure your components arent overheating and causing throttling. There are reports of some people getting huge performance drops just because of the excessive heat.

Try to play around with the settings. Are you playing bilinear/ trilinear with AA off, motion blur, etc

Make sure its not your internet connection or servers. Try playing bots and see if the problem continues.

If nothing else works (Im sorry to...

Deus Vu1t

Honorable
May 19, 2017
Sounds, like microstuttering, not something I haven't experienced before. May I ask for your monitors refresh rate? A frequent fix is to go into the .ini files and (if your monitor is for example 144hz) change the fps_max to 288. If that doesnt work, change it to 0 ad see what happens

Does your monitor have a 1ms response?

Make sure your components arent overheating and causing throttling. There are reports of some people getting huge performance drops just because of the excessive heat.

Try to play around with the settings. Are you playing bilinear/ trilinear with AA off, motion blur, etc

Make sure its not your internet connection or servers. Try playing bots and see if the problem continues.

If nothing else works (Im sorry to have to ask this), have you plugged your Monitor into the GPU or the integrated graphics?

Solution