i7 2600 3.4Ghz idle temperature

MS_Maul

Prominent
May 14, 2017
Hi guys, recently I changed my cpu from i5 3330 3.0 Ghz to i7 2600 3.4 Ghz. The issue im having is, my idle temperature is around 47-50c.

Here's my full spec.

Proc: i7 2600
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM 16GB Kingston Hyper Fury X DDR3 1600 MHz
PSU: KCAS 500w 80+ Bronze
Case: Razer S340
Heatsink Fan: Cryorig C7

When I run triple A games such as Doom, Batman: Arkham Knight and few others, the temp goes up to almost 70 celcius and it worries me. Do remember that Im using Cryorig C7. Not a stock cooler. I've tried to reapply the thermal paste but seems like theres no luck on it.

On the other hand, I tried to power up my mom's pc by using this i7 2600 on it and it seems like the temperature is around 35 and barely hit the 40 on idle.

I was thinking to get AIO like ID Cooling or NZXT Kraken X62 but my main concern is I'm afraid the CPU temperature is still remain as of now. What should I do?

Thanks
Maul

Solution
Problem solved by resetting BIOS. Although the idle temperature is still high approx at 47c. However the temperature at full load remains below 70 even when I open up chrome, DOOM/Batman Arkham Knight & running OBS at the same time. However I might reapply the thermal paste as I think it would help to lower the temperature again. Thanks guys!

MS_Maul

Prominent
May 14, 2017
Problem solved by resetting BIOS. Although the idle temperature is still high approx at 47c. However the temperature at full load remains below 70 even when I open up chrome, DOOM/Batman Arkham Knight & running OBS at the same time. However I might reapply the thermal paste as I think it would help to lower the temperature again. Thanks guys!

Solution