Solved

Need help..upgrading AMD radeon 5700 graphic card

Hi Folks..
I'm looking for a new graphic card to replace my current AMD Radeon HD 5700 series.
These are my specs :
System manufacturer Gigabyte technology co
system model H67MA-D2H-B3
BIOS Award Modular BIOS v6. 00PG
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (4 CPus),~3.3 GHz
Memory 8192MB RAM
Display AMD RADEON HD 5700 Series
Chip type AMD RAdeon Graphics Processor 90x68BE)
DAC type : Internal DAC (400MHz)
Approx. TOtal Memory : 4095 MB
I'm willing to spend around $200- $300 if it means the card fits in to whatever specs i wrote down here.
Any help will be very much appreciated...Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading amd radeon 5700 graphic card
  1. Why are you upgrading? There are a lot of options open to you, knowing what you need the card to do will help narrow the choices. Also, what kind of power supply do you have and what resolution do you plan to use? Your CPU is not bad for gaming, so something like an RX 580 or GTX 1060 would not be out of order.
  2. dontlistentome said:
    Why are you upgrading? There are a lot of options open to you, knowing what you need the card to do will help narrow the choices. Also, what kind of power supply do you have and what resolution do you plan to use? Your CPU is not bad for gaming, so something like an RX 580 or GTX 1060 would not be out of order.


    Thanks for answering my question. Well the purpose is for gaming..Recently I just downloaded this game called : Vikings : wolves of midgard.
    It can't even past the loading screen, I have to alt tab until the game enter the game layout, but then mid way into the game, it freezes then it crashes. I know my computer is not too bad for gaming. I still can play game like Dota 2 smoothly. But for the game like Call of Duty I find it a bit laggy.
    I have a Thermaltake 775w power supply...
    So which one should I get?
  3. Best answer
    If you're on a budget, I would get the RX 460 as it can run the games you've described pretty well without lag. If you're willing to spend a bit more money, I'd get the 580(for futureproofing)

    RX 460 on Vikings game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHO4XT-V9po
  4. Golyhawhaw said:
    If you're on a budget, I would get the RX 460 as it can run the games you've described pretty well without lag. If you're willing to spend a bit more money, I'd get the 580(for futureproofing)

    RX 460 on Vikings game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHO4XT-V9po



    Thanks for the info mate. Can I get the 8gb of 580 one, instead of 4gb one? Since I'm having a 4gb one right now. I dont know how much of the differences would it make, in term of value and the capability of my computer to run it.
  5. little_mex said:
    Golyhawhaw said:
    If you're on a budget, I would get the RX 460 as it can run the games you've described pretty well without lag. If you're willing to spend a bit more money, I'd get the 580(for futureproofing)

    RX 460 on Vikings game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHO4XT-V9po



    Thanks for the info mate. Can I get the 8gb of 580 one, instead of 4gb one? Since I'm having a 4gb one right now. I dont know how much of the differences would it make, in term of value and the capability of my computer to run it.


    I'd get the 8gb version. (I have the 8gb version myself) Games are pushing how far they can go regarding graphics so 8gb vram would be pretty nice to have
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards AMD Radeon