Solved

750 ti on 250 watt dell psu

My Specs are:
Q9400
4 2gb ddr3 modules
the model of the power supply is d225p-0 i just want to play dota 2 , cs go and overwatch
Reply to xtiannu
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 750 250 watt dell psu
  1. CPU: 95W
    GPU: 150W
    Total: 245W
    Definitely not a good idea to use a 250W PSU since your PC will probably crash as soon as you open a game. I would upgrade to a 300W PSU.
    Reply to KR2
  2. Unless the graphics card requires an external power connection, it's only has a 75 watt requirement. That said, I still wouldn't attempt it unless you're sure you can also upgrade the power supply.

-Wolf sends
    Reply to Wolfshadw
  3. KR2 said:
    CPU: 95W
    GPU: 150W
    Total: 245W
    Definitely not a good idea to use a 250W PSU since your PC will probably crash as soon as you open a game. I would upgrade to a 300W PSU.
    Reply to xtiannu
  4. can you guys recommend me a good psu
    Reply to xtiannu
  5. Depends on the model number of the Dell computer and whether or not it's a mini-tower, desktop, Small form Factor, or Ultra Small Form Factor.

-Wolf sends
    Reply to Wolfshadw
  6. I have a dell optiplex 780 dt im open to having the power supply outside if it doesnt fit
    Reply to xtiannu
  7. Best answer
    Those smaller Dell systems may or may not have the standard 20+4 power connections on the motherboard. If not, then a standard ATX power supply would not work. I'd check with Dell to see what power supply upgrades are available for your system.

-Wolf sends
    Reply to Wolfshadw
  8. Q9400 doesn't even draw 95W. You didn't say what Dell you have or the style of case. Since it's 250W I'm guessing Desktop, or SFF. So low profile GTX750 single slot. Find out if your computer has UEFI BIOS or legacy BIOS and get a card that supports that.
    Reply to william p
  9. william p said:
    Q9400 doesn't even draw 95W. You didn't say what Dell you have or the style of case. Since it's 250W I'm guessing Desktop, or SFF. So low profile GTX750 single slot. Find out if your computer has UEFI BIOS or legacy BIOS and get a card that supports that.

Anonymous said:
    I have a dell optiplex 780 dt im open to having the power supply outside if it doesnt fit

Must have missed this comment.

-Wolf sends
    Reply to Wolfshadw
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

DDR3 Power Supplies Dell