Gtx 1060 Gigabyte mini itx oc 3gb vs gtx 1060 armor oc 3g which one is best in performance and overclocking.

Hi everyone..
i have a budget of gtx 1060 3gb mini versions and armor oc 3g. So guys i am highly confused between gtx 1060 3gb gigabyte mini itx oc , Msi gtx 1060 3gb armor oc and zotac mini gtx 1060 3gb which one is the best at performance and overclocking ? Kindly suggest me wisely and promptly.
20 answers Last reply
More about gtx 1060 gigabyte mini itx 3gb gtx 1060 armor performance overclocking
  1. Exacly how much is your budget?
    Imo the 1060 3gb is not worth it compared to amd's gpu's
  2. AlternativeFactsForPresident said:
    Exacly how much is your budget?
    Imo the 1060 3gb is not worth it compared to amd's gpu's
  3. my budget is around 180$ and 190$ not morethan it.
  4. Out of the box the Gigabyte Mini OC has a slightly higher boost clock so technically it's the faster card but if you are Overclocking i would opt for the MSI Armour OC since it has a full sized dual cooler instead of being a single fan like the other 2 cards.

    But i agree with above, do you not have the RX 400/500 Series available? I second the 1060 3GB not being worth it. Better to save up for a 6GB or swap it for a RX 570 / 480 / 580 4GB around the same price. Hope this helps :)

    *Edit* Which currency? If it's USD you should be able to just squeeze an RX 580 4GB within that which is stronger. Here is one i found at $198 > https://pcpartpicker.com/product/q8cMnQ/gigabyte-radeon-rx-580-4gb-gaming-4g-video-card-gv-rx580gaming-4gd. If you look around you should be able to find one for $10 cheaper somewhere.
  5. CRO5513Y said:
    Out of the box the Gigabyte Mini OC has a slightly higher boost clock so technically it's the faster card but if you are Overclocking i would opt for the MSI Armour OC since it has a full sized dual cooler instead of being a single fan like the other 2 cards.

    But i agree with above, do you not have the RX 400/500 Series available? I second the 1060 3GB not being worth it. Better to save up for a 6GB or swap it for a RX 570 / 480 / 580 4GB around the same price. Hope this helps :)

    *Edit* Which currency? If it's USD you should be able to just squeeze an RX 580 4GB within that which is stronger. Here is one i found at $198 > https://pcpartpicker.com/product/q8cMnQ/gigabyte-radeon-rx-580-4gb-gaming-4g-video-card-gv-rx580gaming-4gd. If you look around you should be able to find one for $10 cheaper somewhere.
  6. Yes ofcourse Rx 470 Asus strix and other vendors of rx 470 also available here even cheaper than gtx 1060 mini version but after watching many benchmarks i decided that gtx 1060 is better than rx 470 which is in my range, what do you say ? as rx 470 have 1gb more vram conparativey gtx 1060 as i am dieing to play watch dogs 2 on ultra settings with this graphic card .
  7. I have heard many stories about AMD as they get heatup issues quite soon and card become damn hotter and blows after using 2 or 3 years secondly big psu also needed and temperature should be good for amd..i realy dont know these stories are true or not i am quite confused actually..
  8. Saniasiddiquii said:
    I have heard many stories about AMD as they get heatup issues quite soon and card become damn hotter and blows after using 2 or 3 years secondly big psu also needed and temperature should be good for amd..i realy dont know these stories are true or not i am quite confused actually..


    That's just Nvidia fanboys and those that know nothing about technology talking trash. The older AMD lineups had a few cards that were indeed warmer than the Nvidia competitor and used a lot more power but Nvidia has had cards in the past do the same and i've never heard of a card being so hot it blows up (if it is true then someone had very very bad cooling). But the new RX lineup has done well to be fairly cool and power usage is pretty efficient although not quite on par with Nvidia's mid end cards yet. You've got nothing to worry about. Temps and voltages aside, the GTX 1060 3GB is stronger than the RX 470 in most games. The 480/580 obviously are stronger than it but if it comes down to a RX 570 i'd personally take it since you mentioned Overclocking, Digital Foundry's tests with it were able to get a modest Overclock on one and get it almost match their RX 480 in benchmarks. The main issue the 1060 3GB faces is VRAM. Games are starting to push 3GB and some are at the heels of 4GB especially if you plan on cranking High/Ultra settings. This is where the RX 570 will get a good lead, Watch Dogs 2 in Ultra would undoubtedly be one of these situations so i suggest you consider both cards strongly. ;)
  9. Yeah they might be Nvidia fan boys spread such missleadings well i have a budget for gtx 1060 3gb and rx 470 4gb so suggest me the best one ans best vendor..
  10. I have 525 watt power supply which is branded dell..
  11. Saniasiddiquii said:
    Yeah they might be Nvidia fan boys spread such missleadings well i have a budget for gtx 1060 3gb and rx 470 4gb so suggest me the best one ans best vendor..


    It's a tough call, other threads with 1060 3GB vs RX 470 on here have spread answers, most I've seen recommend the RX 470 simply due to the VRAM while others the 1060 3GB because it is the stronger card without comparing VRAM. I'd personally recommend the RX 470 to be safe since you want to crank the settings pretty high but again it's a difficult choice. If you go the RX 470, try grab a Sapphire Nitro, MSI Gaming X, Asus STRIX or XFX Triple X. Which country are you buying in though? Your budget is enough for a good RX 570 in the US which would be a better choice than both the other cards especially if you Overclock it.
  12. I am from Pakistan here graphic cards are bit costly i know. Gtx 1060 3gb Zotac, gigabyte mini and msi gtx 1060 3gb armor oc are of same price here $248 and other msi versions like gaming x2 and asus strix are expensive 276.65$ but on the other hand Rx 470 4gb Asus strix version is 233.72$ here which is cheaper than gtx 1060 mini versions and i have 525 watt power supply not morethan it so according to this limited psu of 525 i am i able to run rx 470 4gb asus version easily? or i need to upgrade psu or i should buy gtx 1060 3gb mini , remember one thing i have to play watch dogs 2 and just cause 3 on very high to ultra grahics.
  13. Saniasiddiquii said:
    I am from Pakistan here graphic cards are bit costly i know. Gtx 1060 3gb Zotac, gigabyte mini and msi gtx 1060 3gb armor oc are of same price here $248 and other msi versions like gaming x2 and asus strix are expensive 276.65$ but on the other hand Rx 470 4gb Asus strix version is 233.72$ here which is cheaper than gtx 1060 mini versions and i have 525 watt power supply not morethan it so according to this limited psu of 525 i am i able to run rx 470 4gb asus version easily? or i need to upgrade psu or i should buy gtx 1060 3gb mini , remember one thing i have to play watch dogs 2 and just cause 3 on very high to ultra grahics.


    The Power Supply has enough wattage but i'm not sure if it has the right connectors can you confirm this? For an RX 470 you'll need a 6 PIN external power connector as do most the 1060 3GB. This is what it will look like:

  14. Dont worry i have two 6 pin connectors with my 550watt power supply..
  15. Saniasiddiquii said:
    Dont worry i have two 6 pin connectors with my 550watt power supply..


    In that case you'll run the Asus RX 470 fine, the site lists a recommendation of a 500W Power Supply with a 6 PIN connector which you have covered. With just Watch Dogs 2 in mind the 1060 3GB appears to be the stronger card from a few benchmarks I've looked at by about 5-8 FPS. The game did use over 3GB slightly which had the 1060 3GB lose a few FPS but it still maintained a 3-5 FPS lead on average.
  16. i want to mention about my rig which is actually nothing for current days gaming i have core2quad 2.4ghz overclocked to 2.8ghz processor and 8gb ddr2 ram dell t3400 branded machine and i buying rx 470 or gtx 1060 3gb mini so i am pretty confused between these two cards i have seen many and many benchmarks and in mostly i found gtx 1060 superior and according to you rx 470 is a better choice so why maximum games giving good fps to gtx 1060 ? i mean i want to discuss this i am low on budget i know it but i want acquire this if rx 470 have more vram then why gtx 1060 giving more fpa than rx 470 and i am sure gtx 1060 couldnt be overclocked as its a mini version due to small heatsink it will be difficult to oc it but it will be factory oc but not that much so guys kindly help me to decide with one card gtx 1060 3gb mini version or rx 470 4gb Asus strix.
  17. Saniasiddiquii said:
    i want to mention about my rig which is actually nothing for current days gaming i have core2quad 2.4ghz overclocked to 2.8ghz processor and 8gb ddr2 ram dell t3400 branded machine and i buying rx 470 or gtx 1060 3gb mini so i am pretty confused between these two cards i have seen many and many benchmarks and in mostly i found gtx 1060 superior and according to you rx 470 is a better choice so why maximum games giving good fps to gtx 1060 ? i mean i want to discuss this i am low on budget i know it but i want acquire this if rx 470 have more vram then why gtx 1060 giving more fpa than rx 470 and i am sure gtx 1060 couldnt be overclocked as its a mini version due to small heatsink it will be difficult to oc it but it will be factory oc but not that much so guys kindly help me to decide with one card gtx 1060 3gb mini version or rx 470 4gb Asus strix.


    For your build and games the GTX 1060 3GB is the best choice due to it's superior performance in Watch Dogs 2 and although 4GB is a good sweet spot for VRAM in 2017, the card will serve your build very well despite it and specifically for the games you play it doesn't cause any issues. The Mini will do find but try grab a dual cooler one if you want to do some more serious Overclocking on it.
  18. I want to believe on gtx 1060 armor oc 3g version instead of gigabyte mini itx oc or zotac mini.What do you say ? it will be fine ? or i should go for mini version with one fan like gigabyte mini or zotac mini or evga mini
  19. Saniasiddiquii said:
    I want to believe on gtx 1060 armor oc 3g version instead of gigabyte mini itx oc or zotac mini.What do you say ? it will be fine ? or i should go for mini version with one fan like gigabyte mini or zotac mini or evga mini


    It's a good choice over the single fan versions, go for it!
  20. So finally it is prooved that gtx 1060 3gb mini is better than rx 470 4gb after watching many benchmarks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Gtx gtx 1060 3gb Gigabyte Performance