Game keeps crashing

Hi my computer keeps crashing when playing hi spec games, sometimes after a short while sometimes after an hour or so, for example withcer 3 or gta 5 my specs are i5 7600k CPU , 550w power supply,16gb ddr4 ram, Radeon rx 480 8gb graphics card, AcpiX64 based pc and 144htz monitor. Idol temp 32- 35 max temp when gaming 65-70. I've updated drivers and I've test compatibilty settings and used the recommended settings. Any ideas?
12 answers Last reply
More about game crashing
  1. Try limiting the games fps in radeon game settings and retest. Set the frame rate target control and if the issue stops then your issue is PSU power issue or video card.
  2. elbert said:
    Try limiting the games fps in radeon game settings and retest. Set the frame rate target control and if the issue stops then your issue is PSU power issue or video card.
  3. Hi, thanks for your answer, I can see my frame rate target control was disabled, what would you recomend I set the fps to, 144 or is that to high?
  4. Depends what is the average min FPS? Given your monitor is 144hz it would be a good start.
  5. elbert said:
    Depends what is the average min FPS? Given your monitor is 144hz it would be a good start.
  6. Yeah I did that, 10 mins into the game I got a black screen, so frustrating I know the spec is easily enough to handle the game and the temps are not too high. I get the feeling I may need to take it to a computer shop and get an expert to look at it
  7. You could first try testing each parts. Use prime95 version 26.6, furmark, and memtest64. Just run prime95 at its default settings. If you fill its to big a task a shop may find the issue. Basically tho they will just run down possible causes like we are until they find the issue. After the hardware test if all is good you may want to reinstall windows.
    http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=15504
    http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
    https://www.techpowerup.com/memtest64/
  8. elbert said:
    You could first try testing each parts. Use prime95 version 26.6, furmark, and memtest64. Just run prime95 at its default settings. If you fill its to big a task a shop may find the issue. Basically tho they will just run down possible causes like we are until they find the issue. After the hardware test if all is good you may want to reinstall windows.
    http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=15504
    http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
    https://www.techpowerup.com/memtest64/
  9. After further research I found out rather than update the graphics card through device manager, I needed to get the latest driver virson off the website, according to forms the rx 480 has all kinds of errors with the previous versions of the driver. Played gta for about an hour now and no problems and the graphics look better than before
  10. Cool and grats on getting back to gaming.
  11. elbert said:
    Cool and grats on getting back to gaming.
  12. Cheers man, feels good
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Games