1080 Ti Problems

CptnMerika

Prominent
May 19, 2017
These are my system specs:

MB - MSI Z170 PC Mate (Non SLI)
Processor: i7 6700
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2666
Graphics: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti (GV-N108TAORUS-11GD)
PS: AX860 Corsair 80+ Platinum
HDD: 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo, 1TB Seagate HDD
Monitor: Samsung Ultra Wide 60hz 34 inch 1080p

I recently was running a GTX 980 Ti, and had no problems out of the card. I just wanted to upgrade to the newest card. Upon installation, I deleted all existing Nvidia items to ensure that I would have a clear and clean installation. Since installing, I have noticed quite a bit of FPS lag. Especially in Rocket League, which should be running perfectly fine on ultra with this setup. Any ideas or suggestions?

Solution

That's your problem. Download and install CCleaner. It will remove all files related to your original drivers and you will essentially start over from scratch like a new Windows install for your GPU drivers. Here's their official safe link:

https://ccleaner.en.softonic.com/

Be VERY careful where you choose to download stuff.

CptnMerika

Prominent
May 19, 2017
Just to clarify what I have done:

1) Uninstall/Reinstall Drivers
2) Ensure that maximum performance, and GPU is selected in settings
3) Disabled any DVR, Sharing, or recording add-ons that were enabled to test

When you say you uninstalled the original drivers for the 980Ti, how did you do it? Through the Windows uninstaller or through an external program like CCleaner? If the former, you still have driver remnants in the Windows that is causing conflicts and your new GPU to hiccup. If the latter, then run MSI Afterburner and see if you are getting into thermal throttling.

That's your problem. Download and install CCleaner. It will remove all files related to your original drivers and you will essentially start over from scratch like a new Windows install for your GPU drivers. Here's their official safe link:

https://ccleaner.en.softonic.com/

Be VERY careful where you choose to download stuff.

Solution