Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshToMorgan

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Specs are:

• AMD Ryzen 1600
    MSI B350 Mobo
    Vengeance LPX 8gb (Single stick, currently)
    WD 1tb HDD
    Gigabyte RX 580 8gb
    SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze-Cert Fully Modular

After inserting all parts in my case (I should have assembled parts outside first, I know) all GPU fans power on, and GPU's Gigabyte logo on the side lights up.

However, the B350's EZ Debug LED indicates "the booting device is not detected or fail." The GPU led, which is also on the mobo but separate from EZ Debug LEDs, also lights up, indicating "CPU's IGPU is not detected and you need to install a graphic card." Additionally, the GPU has a small light which is blinking intermittently, indicating "Abnormal Power Supply."

PC Part Picker and another site showed that my rig would use 350-360 watts, so my 520 watt PSU should be enough, but I don't have any other GPU's or PSU's to rule anything out.

Anyone have any ideas?

JoshToMorgan

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Yes, I have connected power from GPU to PSU, and I have swapped out that cable, I have swapped positioning of the cable in the PSU, but all the same.

I have plugged My GPU into an LG monitor via HDMI, but I am met with an error message that reads "No signal for current input device. Check the status of external equipment. Try other available inputs."

JoshToMorgan

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Mobo has a PCIe x16, and PCIe x4, neither of which work. I would be inclined to think that the GPU is faulty, but the Gigabyte logo on the side is lit up, and cycling through the RGB spectrum, and both fans are spinning.

Another thing, the on-board GPU light doesn't shine when there are no problems, and blinks when there is an abnormal power supply. The light will blink 2-5 times, then stop for about 1-2 minutes, then repeat.

It takes only few W of power to make fans and leds work on GPU, way more to make it run.
On board GPU LED might be blinking when GPU is not detected or otherwise found not working by motherboard, since Ryzen has no iGPU it would be expected behavior.

are you sure cpu is installed correctly and heat sink? nothing is on the cpu socket pin area? have you tried it with the hard drive disconnected and any other item not needed? are you sure you had no extra standoffs? have you tried to reset the cmos? just some things to check

PSU wattage is fine. Guess my wording was not good - card can still be faulty even if fans/leds work on it as it does not take much power to make them work.

JoshToMorgan

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Maxwellmelon - I reinstalled my CPU/heatsink and tried your other suggestions with no changes in performance. Any other ideas that I can try?

DRagor - Do you know of any ways to test for faulty GPU's? I don't want to have to buy a new one to check or send it back to the carrier if possible.

And you can't run Ryzen build without GPU. Stalemate.
Ok, last chance attempt then. Minimal build outside case: just motherboard, PSU, CPU and cooler, GPU and 1 stick of ram. No USB things, no drives. If still nothing, I'm afraid, at that point you will need to look for a service of comp shop. Without spare components, there's not much else that can be done.

JoshToMorgan

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I attempted your suggestion, and the problem persisted, so I went to Best Buy, and picked up a Corsair CX650M PSU and an XFX Radeon RX 460 4gb GPU. I swapped out my PSU and GPU with the new variants, and I'm still having this problem.

So now it's down to mobo, cpu, or just some weird, unknown loophole that is causing my system to fail.

I'm at wit's end, this is becoming much more difficult than I imagined it would be.

Yorick_2000

Prominent
May 30, 2017
I also had the same problem. I had my PSU connected to a socket box *(don't know if that is an english word). I changed the plug to a normal socket and not a socket box.
this fixed the problem for me, hopefully it helps you.

JohnnyChimpo123

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Also having this issue, nothing randomly shuts down and I'm not having any other issues, just randomly blinking white LED above the GPUs power plug. I've given up and just decided it must be a false blinking and am ignoring it for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.