fx 8350 best gpu for editing

kumoto

Prominent
May 21, 2017
I am confused..a lot of graphic cards...
my build:
fx 8350 8 core 4.0ghz
Hyperx ddr3 24gb 1866mhz
m/b Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0
gpu for now i have a radeon HD5450 1GB and i want to upgrade.not for games but for editing.
Which card suggested for my build?

Solution
I'd recommend a 1050, although you don't mention which editing software you will use. The 1050 will allow the use of OpenGl acceleration and CUDA acceleration. The 460 does not use CUDA cores, so any software which uses that method only will not be helped by the AMD cards.

Since you're not gaming I wouldn't recommend spending more money on a faster card. Unless the hardware recommendations from the software developer specify a higher end card I wouldn't spend more on a faster card.
I'd recommend a 1050, although you don't mention which editing software you will use. The 1050 will allow the use of OpenGl acceleration and CUDA acceleration. The 460 does not use CUDA cores, so any software which uses that method only will not be helped by the AMD cards.

Since you're not gaming I wouldn't recommend spending more money on a faster card. Unless the hardware recommendations from the software developer specify a higher end card I wouldn't spend more on a faster card.

Solution

kumoto

Prominent
May 21, 2017
Thanks for reply.
editing software: photoshop,adobe premiere,sony vegas pro,edius.(win7)
GTX1050 MSI or Gigabyte ???(sorry but I don't know differences between them)
your opinion about MSI GeForce GTX960 4GB and Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 4GB G1???

TRENDING THREADS