Will 250 mbps be enough to hold a lan party for 6

Lucas Kirton

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
So my birthday is coming up and i decided to host a lan party i was almost finished with the preparations when i almost overlooked my internet. I have 250 mbps of Comcast "High Speed" internent and i was just wondering if that would be enough for all of us to play something like star citizen or minecraft. We are all "Hardcore Gamers"

Solution
Yes, though technically it's not a Lan party as you're not doing a Lan connection, you're just all playing over the internet in the same location.

Though more so than speed, how good your router is at handling multiple connections will be the deciding factor. If you're using the router/modem combo device comcast gives you, it probably won't handle multiple connections well. You'd need a router designed to handle multiple concurrent devices.
Yes, though technically it's not a Lan party as you're not doing a Lan connection, you're just all playing over the internet in the same location.

Though more so than speed, how good your router is at handling multiple connections will be the deciding factor. If you're using the router/modem combo device comcast gives you, it probably won't handle multiple connections well. You'd need a router designed to handle multiple concurrent devices.

Solution