My 1070 is getting low frames

kziggy86

Prominent
May 24, 2017
I have a gtx 1070 and an i7 6700k and I'm getting low frames I tried reinstalling nvidia drivers but nothing is working please help

Solution
Cs go is a easy solution just add this command into your game booting setup on steam and it will work : -novid +mat_queue_mode 2 +fps_max 300 . Also click on your desktop with right mouse button go to nvidia control panel>3d settings>program settings and chose cs go and mark cuda graphic cards to use only gtx 1070.
Need to know complete system specs first including make/model of PSU. Is this an upgrade from a previous build? If so and you changed motherboards did you do a clean/new windows install? Are you absolutely sure you plugged the monitor cable into GPU and not the mobo?

Details. The more the merrier. Don't leave stuff out for our sake. The more we know about the situation, the better help we can offer.

Make / model of every part in the machine.

Describe the symptoms of your problem.

Things you have done to try and rectify alleged problem.

Things you have not done.

kziggy86

Prominent
May 24, 2017
Ok I have
Asus dual oc 1070
Intel core i7 6700k
16gb ddr4 ram
Asus z270 are prime

I'm getting 250 fps on csgo and 50 fps on rainbow six siege on ultra settings

jakubek160

Respectable
May 22, 2017
It seems like either overheating or a hardware problem with gpu. Check how much power does it drains from the wall while stress. If it doesn't goes more than 230w , than there is something wrong with your psu. In case check your gpu in other rig.

Games using different game engines will not give you the same frame rates. CSGO is a very old game using a very old, very simple game engine, and will give you very high frame rates. Do not expect frame rates for new games to come anywhere near close to what you see in CSGO.

You are playing on Ultra. Try turning down the details a little. While you'll likely not notice the difference in graphics quality, you may very well see a significant improvement to frame rate.

You have not mentioned yet what resolution you are playing at. This can also make a big difference in whether the GPU bottlenecks the rest of the system when gaming.

Nothing you have posted thus far indicates there is any sort of problem whatsoever. It all sounds like normal behavior for the equipment, given the circumstances you have listed.

jakubek160

Respectable
May 22, 2017
Cs go is a easy solution just add this command into your game booting setup on steam and it will work : -novid +mat_queue_mode 2 +fps_max 300 . Also click on your desktop with right mouse button go to nvidia control panel>3d settings>program settings and chose cs go and mark cuda graphic cards to use only gtx 1070.

Solution